Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
For the wait and see people what do y’all want from this partnership? What you think will happen?

For myself I really don't want shit from the partnership. I say that because those owners and the nfl itself if they were really trying to make a difference we all know they don't need Jay z for that. These owners have way more connections, money and power than Jay z. So WTF they actually need him for? If they really wanted to make a difference why partner with an entertainer for social justice issues? Why not get with a person who specializes in social justice? They don't hire plumbers for electrical jobs. They don't hire chefs to manage their investment portfolio. I always look at shit like that as funny.

To answer the second question. I'm waiting to see what happens. Are they just putting connections and money behind Jay z and letting him run the show. Is Jay z going go out get with black people who all day every day and background for years is fighting for social justice?

I'm just waiting to see what both sides play is. Is it real work? Is it just going to be surface shit like getting publicity to a few peoples appeals that are already in motion and them just speeding up that process because of the publicity it got from this partnership shining a media light on it (ex: Kim Kardashian with that black lady getting a pardon or whatever she got).

jay+z+freeway+mia+.jpg

Not sure you'd want a 99.9% coon bein' one of the few black pundits in support of your controversial business deal tho'

I seen some white ppl on tv say the nfl hate America by doing this with a drug dealer.

Cacs and niggas in their feelings

i wouldnt mind if i never saw the words "black capitalist" ever again

jesus my TL is riddled with that shit. Tweet after tweet after tweet.

I've seen those two words used more in the past week than i have in my entire life...no hyperbole

ehhhh

i see both sides of it

but, to his point...how much longer are people going to kneel before they decide what's the next step

i mean, lost in your outrage, he has a valid point

Check out all the shit Demario Davis and M. Jenkins been doing. They don’t care about the symbol of kneeling just the actions of their work they putting in with getting laws changed that’s aimed at us.

The kneeling thing was just a symbol and the actions taken outside of that has the real impact how things.

I'm shocked "wait and see" has so many votes....

Like last night my pops deadass told me Jay sold his soul..........i'm like "YEESH, this guy usually believes in changing the system from within"..........shit was like hearing Obama call jigga a coon lol

I've seen those two words used more in the past week than i have in my entire life...no hyperbole

This notion that "more capitalism will save black people" HAS to fucking die. The shit has never worked and never will work. That quote from the Boondocks where Huey said BET single-handedly disproved the validity of black cooperative economics was the most important and slept-on line of the entire series.

Supporting black billionaires seems cool right up until you realize that they won't give a fuck about poor black people any more than white billionaires give a fuck about poor white people.

Last edited:
Check out all the shit Demario Davis and M. Jenkins been doing. They don’t care about the symbol of kneeling just the actions of their work they putting in with getting laws changed that’s aimed at us.

The kneeling thing was just a symbol and the actions taken outside of that has the real impact how things.
agreed

but that's two people with a platform not as big as Kap or Jay

im not discounting what those brothas are doing either tho

ehhhh

i see both sides of it

but, to his point...how much longer are people going to kneel before they decide what's the next step

i mean, lost in your outrage, he has a valid point
So Kaepernick was just kneeling? He wasn’t out putting in work?

The fuck is a black capitalist?

I really don't understand why when black people get money they under more scruntiny by niggas who ain't doing shit.

Like for real...how many people that's mad really are about that boycott life outside of becoming busy with other shit in Sundays and doing it for talking points.

That's why @Inori question will never be answered and no one else held accountable.

When you speaking someone else's words....you can't defend that stance without that person's opinions.

And I bet alot of people ain't think that far..that's why they mad.

I'm shocked "wait and see" has so many votes....

Like last night my pops deadass told me Jay sold his soul..........i'm like "YEESH, this guy usually believes in changing the system from within"..........shit was like hearing Obama call jigga a coon lol

This notion that "more capitalism will save black people" HAS to fucking die. The shit has never worked and never will work. That quote from the Boondocks where Huey said BET single-handedly disproved the validity of black cooperative economics was the most important and slept-on line of the entire series.

Supporting black billionaires seems cool right up until you realize that they won't give a fuck about poor black people any more than white billionaires give a fuck about poor white people.
The problem is the you got money so you should save us attitude.
People allow themselves to be used because they too busy looking for a handout.

So was he or was he not out there getting busy?

He just started the kneeling and then he got really active

You know during the season dudes don’t have time like that.

He probably had the vision but he started doing the know your rights and things like that after.

Back