Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
We need to regain our focus and address the main issue. The reasons why Kap knelt.

We've let the muthafucca who's currently desecrating the oval office and our society hijack the real narrative behind this. We're sittin here fighting while he's in the back smiling at all of this. If you got another idea about how we can address our issues...then SPEAK...UP.

It's easy to sit back and criticize other folks making the attempt to do something. But if you gonna criticize, then offer a solution. So if you're mad at Jay...how bout YOU tell us what you would do differently? What solutions do YOU have?
They will give you an answer AFTER they get their reparations check.

So...never

People already saying he might of been trying to be friendly with the NFL for years. Proof is supposedly how he tried to handle that MIA lawsuit.

In an interview with Huck, M.I.A. discussed the lawsuit, which stemmed from her controversial 2012 appearance at the Super Bowl halftime show, where she briefly gave the middle fingeron air. The NFL sued M.I.A. for $16.6 million in 2014, though not long after an unspecified settlement was reached.
“If you’re talking about racism and sexism, that moment in my life showed the cracks in everyone I knew,” M.I.A. said of the Super Bowl and its aftermath. “I was at Roc Nation at the time and Jay-Zwas managing me. The lawsuit was so ridiculous, it proposed that they would keep 100 percent of my earnings for the rest of my life if I ever earned more than $2 million dollars. Jay-Z was, like, ‘You should sign that shit’ and I was, like, ‘No.'”

But all in all, my opinion still stands until proven other wise. Jay-z became their safe token black friend, in exchange for him being able to push his company. Now any question about racism they're gunna push him to the front and say "How can we be racist, we're friends with Jay-Z & he works here. A racist wouldnt do that". Yall aint learn from that Nets deal, smh.

This is all so he can fake laugh with them, so they'll hopefully allow him into their club and possible be a majority team owner one day. And when that happens yall gunna yell, "Jay-z is the GOAT, He own a NFL team! Chess not Checker!! We did it!!". Still acting like if 1 really wealthy black person makes money, we all do. Gunna act like when he did that Nets deal all over again.

Lol like a mascot

An audio tape of one of those private meetings was turned over to The New York Times, which produced this passage from a story by the newspaper several months later.

Pegula offered that he thought the league was battling a perception and “media problem.” He said it would be great for the league to find a compelling spokesman — preferably a player — to promote all of the good things they were doing together. He suggested that the league could learn from the gun lobby in this regard.

“For years we’ve watched the National Rifle Association use Charlton Heston as a figurehead,” Pegula said. “We need a spokesman.”
While Jay-Z isn’t a football player and this deal doesn’t appear to be limited to that of a spokesperson, it might actually be even better for the NFL, which not only scores a “social justice brand ambassador,” but also complicates the tenor of Jay-Z’s previous support for Kaepernick. Both could be argued as significant wins for the league. And it comes on the heels of Kaepernick dropping a recent workout video stating that he’s “still ready” and still being “denied work” by the NFL. A video that prompted a moment where President Donald Trump was once against asked (and once again entertained) questions about Kaepernick’s NFL employment prospects.

Back