Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
I voted undecided

I was holding out hope that at least by now, there would've been something substantial that would've validated this partnership. If you're going to say we're past kneeling, then I expect some shit to shake. He pooched tf outta this. It doesn't take a year+ with his pull and influence to make something significant happen.

i forgot he had the latina city girls up there shaking like a salt shaker

:icu:

are we really getting into ethical investments?
how is it hurting black people?

I asked you a yes or no question. Yet you replied with neither and asked 2 questions.

Your second question is laughable that you even asked that.

I asked you a yes or no question. Yet you replied with neither and asked 2 questions.

Your second question is laughable that you even asked that.
i dont see nothing wrong with what i posted.

please educate me......i am open to being wrong like i always am. if i need correction....correct me.

i dont see nothing wrong with what i posted.

please educate me......i am open to being wrong like i always am. if i need correction....correct me.

With the way the judicial system targets black people. Would you say that private prisons mandating that they always stay at least 97% capacity hurts black people?

With the way the judicial system targets black people. Would you say that private prisons mandating that they always stay at least 97% capacity hurts black people?
so are the prisons hurting black people or the system that is used to fill the prisons?

the system is invested in the prison and the prison is invested in the system.

i like where this is going..

yes they both hurt black people. one directly and one indirectly.

so are the prisons hurting black people or the system that is used to fill the prisons?

the system is invested in the prison and the prison is invested in the system.

i like where this is going..

yes they both hurt black people. one directly and one indirectly.

So you see exactly how that nigga investing in an ankle monitoring system hurts black.

We're done here.

So you see exactly how that nigga investing in an ankle monitoring system hurts black.

We're done here.
Are we really?

Thing is......He invested in a company that has an app to monitor people and remind them to appear in court as an alternative to incarceration and/or an ankle bracelet.

He's actually trying to keep people out of jail that don't have money for bail.

So hes going against that 97% you spoke about.

OK....So he's taking money to GPS monitor by app the people awaiting trial.....But would we rather have people sitting in jail until trial? What we really talking about here?

He also was trying to change inhumane conditions in prisons in I think Mississippi.

So.....Educate me on how this ...Any of this is wrong and I'll kinda leave it alone and admit I was wrong

Are we really?

Thing is......He invested in a company that has an app to monitor people and remind them to appear in court as an alternative to incarceration and/or an ankle bracelet.

He's actually trying to keep people out of jail that don't have money for bail.

So hes going against that 97% you spoke about.

OK....So he's taking money to GPS monitor by app the people awaiting trial.....But would we rather have people sitting in jail until trial? What we really talking about here?

He also was trying to change inhumane conditions in prisons in I think Mississippi.

So.....Educate me on how this ...Any of this is wrong and I'll kinda leave it alone and admit I was wrong

Yes we are.

You see how it is wrong and know it's wrong but I get it sometimes you just want to keep up the good fight even though the fight is already over.

Yes we are.

You see how it is wrong and know it's wrong but I get it sometimes you just want to keep up the good fight even though the fight is already over.
i see how the prison system and justice system is wrong.

i dont see how him trying to keep people out of pretrial jail is wrong. nor do i see how him fighting for prisoners rights is wrong.

he didnt put the people in prison or work for the system against black people. and if hes fighting for them........yea i dont see a problem.

but ok

from an article
Jay-Z‘s Roc Nation has thrown their support behind a new app that aims to reduce incarceration and recidivism in the criminal justice system.

Promise, an app co-founded by social entrepreneur and former Prince manager Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins, hopes “to create a sustainable and scalable program that will reduce the number of people behind bars, recidivism and the cost of care by extending the capabilities of community supervision,” the company said. The app will be open to both government agencies and users on parole or who would otherwise be incarcerated.

“We are increasingly alarmed by the injustice in our criminal justice system,” Jay-Z said in a statement. “Money, time and lives are wasted with the current policies. It’s time for an innovative and progressive technology that offers sustainable solutions to tough problems. Promise’s team, led by Phaedra, is building an app that can help provide ‘liberty and justice for all’ to millions.”

Promise steps in during the pre-trial process to assist those that cannot afford bail. Following a comprehensive intake procedure, Promise sets up an individualized plan for each participant. Promise then monitors and supports participants to help them succeed with their plans,” the app posits.

“Each participant has the Promise app on their phone and receives an intelligent calendar of their obligations (court appearances, drug testing, substance abuse treatment, etc) and adaptive reminders to help them meet these obligations. Promise also provides coordinated referrals and support based on individual needs, including job training, housing, counseling, etc. Participant progress is tracked so that clients and participants can easily view compliance and status.”

The Promise app will formally debut March 20th at Y Combinator Demo Day.

In recent years, Jay-Z has focused on injustice in the criminal justice system, whether in the case of Trayvon Martin, the death of Rikers Island inmate Kalief Browder or the current incarceration of Meek Mill.

i see how the prison system and justice system is wrong.

i dont see how him trying to keep people out of pretrial jail is wrong. nor do i see how him fighting for prisoners rights is wrong.

he didnt put the people in prison or work for the system against black people. and if hes fighting for them........yea i dont see a problem.

but ok

from an article

Words have meaning,

We're done here

the onus is not on me to prove it helps black people.

how is it a bad investment? how is it hurting the black community?

its just an investment. why is it deeper than that?

so If I invest in liquor stores in the hood that’s not bad that just an investment.

so If I invest in liquor stores in the hood that’s not bad that just an investment.
this has many arms but ill take your route.

.......adding a problem in a low income area is never a good idea.
if a black person does this...this is just as bad as selling drugs in my eyes,.
this has nothing to do with helping the community.

Back