Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Called T.I About Being Ranked #2 Under Pac On His Goat List

On The One Hand Pacs Legacy Is Slightly Overrated Due To His Death

Same With BIG and To A Lesser Degree Nipsey If I'm Being All The Way Honest

But Lets Not Downplay His Impact And Contributions To The Game

What was TI's response?

"Many concessions Patna, I acknowledge your numerous accomplishments but I was merely pontificating on the evidence that Pac was a superior musician"

You can look at most male rappers right now and see Pacs influence. Good or bad you can see Pacs influence on a wide scale from east to west, from america to Europe. Like no other rapper in the history of hiphop.

Only time niggaz get compared to big is if they are fat and or ugly, and lyrical. Only times niggaz get compared to Jay is if they are from NY talking about drugs

Jay > Pac for me.

With that said, Jay weak as shit for this. Let TI have his opinion bruh. Not like being ranked #2 is any form of disrespect.

Jay aint #2 for me either btw.

Also, if Jay cares about this so much how about geting in the lab and dropping some heat? 444 was a good album but lyrically Jay been average at best for almost a decade.

Are we talking about MCing, or making hits?

Because most of the cats in Wu Tang are nicer MCs than Pac, but Pac was better at making hits.

Alot of Pac's rhymes were simple and elementary, but I guess that's why he reached such a broad audience, because you didn't have to decipher his rhymes.

I remember in the mid 90s when there was the East/West dichotomy. We felt like the West Coast MCs were simple and the East Coast MCs were more complex, thus making them better. In hindsight there's nothing wrong with simple lyrics, but when you compare a Snoop or a Pac to, say, Black Thought or Nas you have to preface the comparison with the criteria by which the MCs are being judged (i.e hits vs wordplay).

I got Jay at #1...and it's not close.

I disagree w you, but is a matter of preference. My things is this. If we are having a RAP MUSIC debate, I don't wanna hear nothing about number one albums, sales, Forbes list or mogul shit. Let's discuss RAP MUSIC. I'm not just saying this to you, but I notice alot of people that bring jay up at #1, wanna bring up shit outside of music. Jay to me is top 5. Better skilled rapper than Pac, but so is Eminem and tech nine.

I disagree w you, but is a matter of preference. My things is this. If we are having a RAP MUSIC debate, I don't wanna hear nothing about number one albums, sales, Forbes list or mogul shit. Let's discuss RAP MUSIC. I'm not just saying this to you, but I notice alot of people that bring jay up at #1, wanna bring up shit outside of music. Jay to me is top 5. Better skilled rapper than Pac, but so is Eminem and tech nine.

With that logic, Logic (the White rapper) is more skilled than Pac, but who cares? Pac made better music.

Back