Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
I get that Jay Elect gotta defend his music. But he gotta understand why people have a problem w the album. Is a good project, but niggas been waiting for this dude SOLO album for years and he decides to jump in the ring w arguably one of the greatest MCs of all time after a 10 year delay and make it his DEBUT.
BTW, Jay elec need to put more material out before he gets compared to rappers like Joe that put out ALOT of shit

I swear EVERY true Hiphop fan is a stan of some rapper ... be it their music or life

You included...

:hehe:

lol nah fam. Niggas on here till this day think I hate one of my favorite rappers (Nas) cuz I called out his last 2 weak projects.

Read the first few pages of the wayne thread, I was ready to kill Funeral.

I'll never understand the stan shit, cuz you're doing yourself and the artist a disservice by hyping up shit you know is trash. They're just gonna continue droppin more trash.

lol nah fam. Niggas on here till this day think I hate one of my favorite rappers (Nas) cuz I called out his last 2 weak projects.

Read the first few pages of the wayne thread, I was ready to kill Funeral.

I'll never understand the stan shit, cuz you're doing yourself and the artist a disservice by hyping up shit you know is trash. They're just gonna continue droppin more trash.

Like I said its debates and opinions... which some very passionate posters take as facts... I be lurking not posting much in these threads

Regarding NaS last two albums... I liked them and the tone he kept for them...

Producers on NASIR and Lost Tapes 2:

Kanye West
Mike Dean
Swizzbeatz
AraabMuzik
Pharrell Williams
Statik Selektah
RZA
Hit-boy
Eric Hudson
DJ Khalil
Pete Rock
DJ Toomp
The Alchemist

... and last but certainly not least No. ID

8CCG2Q.gif

Unbiased listener here just joining the convo. I don’t think he should have called this a solo album. Definitely a joint collaboration. Dope album, but I would think an MC of the caliber people make him out to be would do their own project for a debut, not one supported by arguably the greatest rapper of all time.

And I thought his content was dope, but his flow and delivery was lacking at times. Luckily I can enjoy it because I’m not caught up on shit like that, but those are factors in how good an MC is.

I expected much better from him given his hype, but he was solid. Just solid though, not God MC level.

Somebody on twitter said this and I couldn’t agree more.

“ These guys rapped about Solomon being in the desert. Spiritual awakening, Origins of the Nation of Islam etc and the only thing these negros want to talk about is who has the better verse. Man we gotta wake up!”

Don’t mean the song’s are dope not matter what he talked about.
he could have just did poetry then.

yall niggas need to get over that pump it up song . budden has more dope records
Nah you dont understand.

Out of Joe's own mouth, there was a missed opportunity for him to sign with Rocafella.

Jay E has trumped Joe's music career with damn near zero effort. Whether or not he deserves a Roc Nation contract and tons of Hov verses, point is he got it all and Joe, even in retirement, feels slighted. Props to him for admitting it is "rapper hate" and not real man hate.

Far as Jay goes, he need to back up all that "Say my name, WW3" talk.

Peter Rosenberg is one thing but Joe Budden been lowkey calling out Elect for over a year. He want that smoke.

if you are paying attention, people arent saying that the songs are wack.

they are saying that they are disappointed that they waited 10+ years for a solo album from dude and instead got a joint project with Hov and they think that Hov outrapped him.

thats a majority of people's problem with the album and i'm not debating those points. be mad at that if thats something you want to be mad at.

nobody is talking about what was SAID on album for real, if we keeping it real.

Exactly. They rapped about the same shit on "We Made It". That got hyped cause it was actually dope. The drop off from that song to this album is crazy. This album is mediocre bars from both rappers and mediocre beats.

Back