Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
yeah but hearing him rap over elevator music has run its course for me

Ok I hear ya I'm cool with people being disappointed with Jay Elect but you gotta admit Hov went off on this album. And I love me some elevator music lol. I wasn't mad at the production at all on this record.

Artistically I'd give it 4 mics, but after adding context to the album with this being JayE's debut , I'm giving it 3 mics.

To me thats what the issue is. If this was just a jay and jay elec album it would be a 4. But this being Jay Elecs long awaited album and having only 10 jay elec verses, with some of them sounding like shit cause he couldnt even rerecord the parts he wasnt clear bumps it down to a 3. Maybe even a 2.5

So rosenberg got offended at the synagouge of satan bar?

First of Rosenberg, what the fuck you expect? farrakhan been going at the synagouge of satan for decades. And Jay Elec been nothing if not loyal to the minister his whole career.

Not to mention the synagaouge of satan is a christian term made up by early christians to point out fake jews masqaurading as jews. It was never pointed at judiasm and it was never about all jews.

And further more, Farrakhan always follows up any mention of the synagouge of satan by saying real jews are good, friends, and should expose the fake jews amongst them.

But even more than that, Rosenberg is a white jew who grew up in a middle class to high middle class family but made his career in hip hop and never showed that he was offended by all the violent, drug rap in hip hop. We all love hip hop, but that mfer is misogynistic as fuck, especially against black women cause its black culture, and not once did rosenberg say he was offended.

But 1 bar about jews and hes offended? And it wasnt even a fuck jews bar. It was a most jews are good but the tall israeli running hip hop could eat a dick type of bar.

Time for rosenberg to get kicked out the culture.
More posts like this please.

A hit dog will always holler.

I gave it a 4. I enjoy the album and I will replay it several times because both emcees have earned that. But it don't give me that classic feeling the first time I heard 444 or To Pimp a Butterfly.

Yall ain't making no sense for how yall scoring this but whatever

Solid 4. Bars there. Beats there. Flow there. Content there. Only thing that is a missing for me is the huge record or the crossover record. It's great headphones music tho.

Still haven't listened to this album fully btw. Someone give me a reason to care, and not just because it's someone we've been waiting for for a decade.

Back