Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
*Deep sigh* Did you really have to post this?

Satan on my ankles while im hangin' on to an angel
aint HATIN ON that you HATIN wrong
CAUSE YOU CAN'T HANG WITH MY ANGLES (A message for Goldie and the others of his ilk)
its hard being a lupe fan
go to harvard to be a lupe stan

I aint saying that im hard
its just harder when its in Lupes hands
Welcome nigga, Lupe land, SLR
Here we go. FL. BARS.

Talk to em, Joe!!

:aye:

Yooooooo... this mf made a song named "Don't Blink"

& that shit actually jammin lol

giphy.gif

My opinion is as valid as anyone in the industry.

I'm positive I could hold a coherent conversation with any of them niggaz on some hip hop shit....
Shame...

If only there was some sort of podcast to express these opinions and debate about it...

tenor.gif

Well for the record, I also released an album this week. It has 22 tracks and I'm rapping solo on every song.

So if you have to be a rapper to judge another rapper's album, I'm a rapper and I released an album in the exact same week as Jay E.

It's beyond comprehension why he released so little so late. Just to compare and contrast,

Paid In Full - Eric B & Rakim

Eric B Is President and My Melody came out on the same 12" single in the summer of 1986. I Know You Got Soul came out in the spring of 87, with the album, Paid In Full coming out in the summer of 87. Those 3 songs were old by the time the album dropped. We skipped past them because we were sick of hearing them. There were also 3 instrumental tracks on Paid In Full; Chinese Arithmetic, Eric B Is On The Cut (which had the same beat as Chinese Arithmetic) and Extended Beat, which was the instrumental for one of the songs on the album (Move The Crowd). When it was all said and done, Paid In Full only had 4 new songs; I Ain't No Joke, Move The Crowd, As The Rhyme Goes On and Paid In Full. Think over that, the Paid In Full LP only had 4 new songs. But people still call it a 5 mic classic.

Illmatic - Nas

Illmatic was only 10 tracks, one of the songs was an intro (The Genesis) and another song (Halftime) was two years old when the album dropped. There was also a feature (AZ on Life's A B!tch) So it was really 8 new songs, with one of the songs having a feature. But Illmatic took 2 years from the time Halftime came out to when Illmatic dropped. We were satisfied but I would have appreciated a few more songs on the album.

A Written Testimony

A Written Testimony doesn't get the pass that Illmatic gets. Yeah there's 10 songs, but half of them contain features. The music is dope, the rapping is dope, but there's something fundamentally flawed about the finished product. I'd like to see him release a real album in 2021.

Anyway, I'll give him 4 mics all things considered. It's really a 5 mic album, but for the reasons I explained, I'm only giving him 4 mics.

Anyway, here's a link to my album, which was released this week

You sound like MF Doom

Back