Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Understood, but I always considered Jay Electronica to be more of a producer than a rapper.

He probably sees himself that way too.

Which stands to reason why he had Jay-Z featured so heavily on his album.
Nah I think he's an MC first in his mind.

Jay E: "It's like the album's both ours, we'll just put it in my name"
MarriedDependableIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

Hov:
CAzt0P.gif

Hov absolutely bodied this joint at this rate he should drop an album spitting like THIS. With all that being said, I liked Jay E on this and I still maintain I dont see much of the difference between the idea behind how they structured this and OB4ACL. 247845
Yall have a great morning

Jay Elect has to drop this pro NOI album after that Malcom X doc showed them in a fucked up light.

:ualreadyknow:

This part tho!!!!

All what Lupe is saying is no different to asking the question, "who's the greatest rapper of all time?" etc

In order to quantify it, you need to set the parameters of how you want it to be judged. and then once you set the parameters, you still need to give weightings to each criteria, as some should hold more weight than others.

For classic example, the criteria of album sales/number #1s/gold, platinum plaques etc.

It we take discography and catalogue into the discussion, then do we look at it solely on albums (i.e. commercial released body of work) or overall quality of substance of songs released? If it's the former, then Joe's point is clearly a valid one but is it really right to look and critique Jay E off of this latest project? So we gonna dismiss all the songs prior which weren't commercial releases or in album format - let's be honest, if Jay E wasn't a mastery prior to Written Testimony then why was there so much anticipation for him to drop the album in the first place? There's truth on all sides, but for Joe to completely dismiss Jay E in any convos with the elite and top tier rappers is IMO naive and asinine

:hahaha:

Jay E bricked so bad niggas really in here saying we aren't qualified to critique the album. The source, XXL, all of yall niggas put your pencils down! We're not worthy!!!

You weren’t cool with the idea of the project since you heard about it in February.

Now you in here bumping the thread outta boredom and for traffic.

That’s dope.

Back