Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
All what Lupe is saying is no different to asking the question, "who's the greatest rapper of all time?" etc

In order to quantify it, you need to set the parameters of how you want it to be judged. and then once you set the parameters, you still need to give weightings to each criteria, as some should hold more weight than others.

For classic example, the criteria of album sales/number #1s/gold, platinum plaques etc.

It we take discography and catalogue into the discussion, then do we look at it solely on albums (i.e. commercial released body of work) or overall quality of substance of songs released? If it's the former, then Joe's point is clearly a valid one but is it really right to look and critique Jay E off of this latest project? So we gonna dismiss all the songs prior which weren't commercial releases or in album format - let's be honest, if Jay E wasn't a mastery prior to Written Testimony then why was there so much anticipation for him to drop the album in the first place? There's truth on all sides, but for Joe to completely dismiss Jay E in any convos with the elite and top tier rappers is IMO naive and asinine

It's not so much that

would you tell a contractor how to build a house if you've never built one?

it's 1 thing to say if you like it or not, a whole nother to suggest how it should be done if you've never done it

My bruddas he quite clearly says only rap masters can validly judge other rap masters

I wouldn't of made it through this shit without Hov on it honestly, I was surprised that I had even made it off the first track

ShamefulAdorableAtlanticblackgoby-max-1mb.gif

Back