Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Screenshot_385.png

giphy.gif

Jay Elect has to drop this pro NOI album after that Malcom X doc showed them in a fucked up light.

:ualreadyknow:
he also supported Mike jack,who I think was guilty of molesting children

Nobody can convince me that a grown man who sleeps w/ other ppl's kids and hangs with kids after being accused of molesting them wasn't dirty.

But I don't have to agree w/ everything a person says to rock with the music as long is it isn't kanye ,cooning type shit.

he also supported Mike jack,who I think was guilty of molesting children

Nobody can convince me that a grown man who sleeps w/ other ppl's kids and hangs with kids after being accused of molesting them wasn't dirty.

But I don't have to agree w/ everything a person says to rock with the music as long is it isn't kanye ,cooning type shit.
Don’t do that ....

what I did get from this album is that Jay Elect has a lot of insecurities and has been a little gun shy.

it's almost like Jay Z was telling him "You got it my nigga and I'mma help you"

There's no doubt that Jay got busy on every verse,but Jay Elect wasn't wack and w/out Jay Elect we don't even get this tone from jay.

This feels like Jay Elect's album even with Jay spazzing on it

Quoted for emphasis.
For all these comments talking about how Jay-Z was really spitting on this album, let's not discount the influence Electronica had for him to be spitting this way.

In other words Jay E got Jay spitting and Jay got Jay E into album mode.
We not hearing this album without Jay-Z and equally we're not hearing Jay-Z spit the way he's spitting without Jay E

Last edited:
Quoted for emphasis.
For all these comments talking about how Jay-Z was really spitting on this album, let's not discount the influence Electronica had for him to be spitting this way.

In other words Jay E got Jay spitting and Jay got Jay E into album mode.
We not hearing this album without Jay-Z and equally we're not hearing Jay-Z spit the way his spitting with Jay E
And I aint giving credit to Jay E for Hov spazzin. He was talkin that shit on 4:44 and then the year after that arguably dropped the verse of the year

Hov been Hov

I disagree. I don't mind Jigga on this but there needs to be an offset. You have him on this many songs then you need more tracks by yourself to separate yourself.
His path is unprecedented for sure but I was expecting more.

Understood, but I always considered Jay Electronica to be more of a producer than a rapper.

He probably sees himself that way too.

Which stands to reason why he had Jay-Z featured so heavily on his album.

Back