Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Even tho the bulk of the convo is based on the notion that Jay's verses were better, because of the subject matter I think most of us are looking at the content itself. When Jay E debuted, he came from a perspective not seen as much in the mainstream. His POV was sorely needed in the state of things. Now that time has circled around again, and both of them are on the same page contentwise.

To answer your question "who needs to hear this?", I honestly think everyone should. This issue isn't that Jay had a better showing or that Jay E underperformed for a debut, especially for someone that was hyped as the next level of rap for over a decade (at least to me it isn't). The issue is whether ppl will be able to receive the message and apply it to their own lives.

Right now we're all going thru some kind of strife, especially with this whole coronavirus thing. I previously stated that Jay's perspective on the Black/human experience was what a lot of us wanna hear and he's clearly giving us that. I think in hindsight ppl will look back on this album and appreciate the fact that a middle aged billionaire was able to express this level of humanity. As someone who is currently unemployed, facing eviction and going thru a plethora of mental issues, I cannot for the life of me give one single solitary fuck about what Jay E has to say on a human level, cuz his message is too tangled in arbitrarity.
Blessings and positive energy towards you

Why are people saying Hov is rapping more than Jay Elec when he doesn't even have a verse on the last 3 tracks?

They call me Jay Elec architect-a,
Jay Elec Doppler Effect-a,
Jay Elec Alex Trebek Final Jeopardy in Mecca.
giphy.webp

Back