Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Black excellence. Empowerment. Respect. Honor. God. Religion. Projects. Streets. Craftsmanship. Sound. Soul. History. Identity. Lifestyle. Brotherhood.

That's what the album represents. I think it's a good theme and look forward to more projects.

No need to feature Nas either. Nigga could put DOOM on a feature before Nas. (Sorry, I ain't trying bring Nas up in this again, I just had to say that.)

"Why would I sell out? I'm already rich, don't make no sense
Got more money than Goodell, a whole NFL bench
Did it one-handed like Odell handcuffed to a jail
I would've stayed on the sidelines if they could've tackled the shit themselves
You backstabbers gon' turn me back to the old Jay(OJ)
He's not who you wanna see, he's not as sweet as the old Ye
When I die, please don’t tweet about my death"- Jay Z
That's my motherfucking GOAT
tenor.gif

It's a hard bar if you not actually paying attention.

But jigga warriors rejuvenated. I'll let yall cook.

I like it better than Jada & Wayne shit....

I haven't given Royce shit a listen yet though. I'll add it to my 2020 play list....

But I'm serious though... Just cuz it was more of Collabo album don't change the fact these niggaz killed this shit...I can't stop replaying this to be honest

as a DOOM fan, thats the last nigga i wish to hear on this shit
I mean, not that he's the most appropriate. Because he's not. Far from it actually maybe, but that's the point. It's like a wild card. It could either go extremely well or extremely bad. lol. I think the uncertainty of it adds some kind of spice to the mix. As opposed to Nas, that nigga been on a cold streak lately. And that's my favorite MC.

But we know DOOM at very least have the skills and the ability to switch up a bit. Even if he sounds like typical DOOM I think he could find his spot on a track without sticking out too much like some weirdo with a mask on. I digress though. lol.

On Flux Capacitor, the Get The Gat phrase and other sayings they used for the song are from an old 90s New Orleans classic.
It's a dude named Lil Elt. I think @silverfoxx is related to him or something. Before you niggas even critique and hate on it. A lot of 90s New Orleans bounce music is call and chant.
Dude had Jigga saying that shit was unexpected though.

This response from the public could have been predicted if Jay E tweeted "Aye yall... me and Hov making a collab album"

Both artists put their energy, image, and core content into this raps. So you know what you're getting in a 2020 Hov verse just like you know what you're getting in a Jay E verse.

So there are two types of rap fans: The ones who are going to debate flows, punchlines, and who "killed" who. And the ones who are going to discuss the content of the lyrics. Put both of them in the same room and it's like the Tower of Babel.

Why? Because when Hov addresses anything in his raps, we connect it to everything we've ever seen, read, or heard about him since 95. But when Jay E raps, only a small percentage (5%) will connect it to anything while the majority will dismiss it as religious/tin foil hat/blackity black talk.

I'm willing to bet the lines most of yall will remember most is Jay E referencing:

1. his relationship with a billionaire chick
2. Signing a contract but missing dates
3. Having Hov on his debut and winning the lottery

85%ers debating with 5%ers.

Back