OUT NOW J. Cole - Might Delete Later

That was a classic album and an important album and it won a fuckin pullitzer prize. What is the problem?

One of my first run-through I didn’t really get it I mean I understood it but I thought he would take a different approach but as time has went on and I’ve been listening back that album, is phenomenal

It also is time capsule and songs like we gone be all right were used to time stamp historical events

Even if you don’t like the album, you have to admit that hearing that song at police rallies and marches was motivational.
Bro that album is a masterpiece IMO.

During 2020 I had that album on repeat. It basically encapsulated everything I was feeling at the time.

Kinda like how Nas drop 4 albums and 1 compilation between 94 and 2000 but niggas let Jay get that off.
Kind of with Jay Z was trying to say that half of his albums weren’t good and at that time I Am wasn’t received the best and Nostradamus was received the best but we all know the story behind his music getting leaked and him having to change that out and that’s why the loss tapes is so amazing

That was a classic album and an important album and it won a fuckin pullitzer prize. What is the problem?

One of my first run-through I didn’t really get it I mean I understood it but I thought he would take a different approach but as time has went on and I’ve been listening back that album, is phenomenal

It also is time capsule and songs like we gone be all right were used to time stamp historical events

Even if you don’t like the album, you have to admit that hearing that song at police rallies and marches was motivational.
First of all that album didn't win no pulitzer prize the album DAMN won that lol plus the replay value on that album is weak as hell

I understand everyone likes different things and that's cool but ain't shit good about that album outside 3 songs other than that it's trash
koishi-komeiji.gif

I don’t know what anything has to do with a 2015 loop but that’s all subjective but I do know that hearing that shit at historic moments means something

I dead ass don’t understand people who don’t like Kendrick and don’t like that album.

Years later during the BLM protest that album became a war cry and new age spiritual.
Facts. TPAB was created 5 years too early. If that album was dropped in 2020 it would be regarded as a classic universally

You in here writing essays about nonsense. TPAB > any Cole album, full stop. If you don't vibe with that album which was genius lyrics woven together with a deep message I don't know what to tell you.

Well this is subjective. It's also odd that you are using the same exact qualifiers that I described by calling Kendrick a genius and insinuating that the music has a deeper message that you have to understand or else.

You're being a Blackity Black and you don't even see it.
Nevermind your GRODT take, that album still plays 2 decades later. It wasn't about a "moment", it was 50 putting his life purpose into his music and collabing with people like Em and Dre. You like 0-2, and your rambling about "black intellectuals" is hilarious when you in here with the pseudo-intellectual take

You misunderstood my take on GRODT. I wasn't saying that the album was only about a moment. I was describing how people use moments to prop up albums. That was not me saying GRODT (which is probably my favorite album of all time since I've said many times that 50 is my personal favorite rapper ever btw lol) was reduced to just being a moment in rap history.

I was comparing the moment that GRODT created to the period in the early 2010's and Black culture and how TPAB was music that would be considered as the soundtrack to that time period. Hence a moment in rap.

The reason why I have the opinion about TPAB that I do is that unlike GRODT, TPAB is not an album that I recognize as having staying power in music. It's 2024 and GRODT is 21 years old. You can't go longer than 3 months without hearing at least a snippet or mention of a song from that album. You cannot say the same thing for TPAB (Maybe Alright?) and it's already coming up on 10 years. I don't think TPAB is going to gain even more popularity over time. If it was then people would not point out their opinions against it so much.

Facts. TPAB was created 5 years too early. If that album was dropped in 2020 it would be regarded as a classic universally

No. TPAB dropped exactly when it was supposed to. That's literally the only reason it gets talked about the way that it does.

Bro that album is a masterpiece IMO.

During 2020 I had that album on repeat. It basically encapsulated everything I was feeling at the time.

IMO this doesn't make it a classic universally. I think it only makes it a period piece classic. Is it a classic album? No. It was just an okay album that was the soundtrack to an important moment in rap history considering what was going on in society.