OUT NOW J. Cole - Might Delete Later

People can feel how they want about warning shot for warning shot but it is giving up an advantage.

Historically being the one to go 2nd once someone else sets it off publicly is an advantageous position.

Piggy Bank/Checkmate
Takeover/Ether

Just couple examples

It’s not the end all be all but Cole definitely gave up an advantage doing a warning shot as a response.

Team OVO has entered the chat

200w.gif

Off top….

Black on Both Sides
One Day it Will All Make Sense
The Minstrel Show

It’s hella niggas that do conscious rap better. Black Thought, Nas , Talib, etc.
I was under the impression that you meant better that year, or in that era but TPAB sits comfortable in that genre and if we are going off of impact, his album impacted the world more

You couldn’t see a news story about police brutality or racism without hearing we gone be all right.

That album transcended music and it wasn’t because record executives told people to

After first listen the album is decent. I guess we should glad these are 'throw aways'.

As for the 7 minute drill, it's nice but it's not like that

I can only summarize that the theme is the calm b4 the storm
I agree I was really hyped when the album started and I think it’s good but that record reminds me of like the Meek Drake diss or super ugly or Kiss’s response to Beans where you kind of forget about it until you hear it years later and is like “oh that happened”

Cole been killing verses for over a year now. Wayne too. Drake and 21 drop a really good album. And that’s just the main guys.

How did a dude who raps once every few years bring anything back?

Make it make sense

Two hip hop heavyweights are having a lyrical back n forth. I was rockin that Drake n 21 album, shit was good. I agree Wayne been killin shit and Cole been going in as well (no Diddy). But none of that is more hip-hop than arguably the best two rappers having a lyrical showdown my man. Get your popcorn buddy. We ain’t seen this in a minute! This ain’t future and drake singing disses to each other brethren, this the essence of hip hop

I’ve been saying this for over 20 years

Takeover>Ether
Not mad at the take it’s the original Duppy/Adidon but sometimes winning the moment gets you the dub to the majority. Just the way it goes sometimes.

It’s akin to battle rappers winning in the building. If one had the building on fire in the moment does it really matter if I had the better pen. To some of course it does but the consensus usually stays the same.

Reactions: unspoken_respect
Actually hearing 7 min drill it ain’t bad. Shouldn’t have switched the beat though.

Rest of the tape cool definitely some songs I can throw in rotation.

Seems like he welcoming the challenge so it’s on k.dot now

I’m expecting more next round

Pricey is my favorite right now. It's also the reason why I'm hoping The Fall Off is produced by him. I don't mind the features but I hope that they are rappers that will actually challenge him.

7 Minute Drill was a nice jab.

Hoping Kendrick and Cole bring competitive Ether level responses next.