Welcome To aBlackWeb

"It's A Nola Thing"

While throwing that ass in a circle may a cultural thing in Louisiana, it's definitely inappropriate at a child's birthday party with a children's cartoon character. Usually you wait until after all the kids are sleep or make them go upstairs before the grown ups start to act up.

I used to find it odd and borderline disturbing, also. Then I saw a documentary about the history of N.O. music that helped me tone down a bit. Shit is still weird and odd...but I'm now willing to accept that maybe this is just a somewhat extreme form of 'You not from XYZ, so you wouldn't understand.'.

That's the only way I can rationalize it.

No..no..see, that’s a older woman with wisdom and age in her voice..she sounds like my grandma

This is what young women sound like

See.. the video @Hell Czar posted isn't what I've experienced.

This shit in the video above........................................................

This is what I've experienced down there. LMAO. very interesting to say the least

Almost like jamaican patois mixed with old southern folks slang. My grandma (God rest her soul) used some of these words and she isn't from SC

Last edited:
Reactions: GNS
No..no..see, that’s a older woman with wisdom and age in her voice..she sounds like my grandma

This is what young women sound like

Two of my best friends are from Charleston and their family talk like this. When we roll down to Chucktown I just get high as fuck and listen to them niggas talk and argue.

It's like watching Univision I don't know WTF going on but all into the story and conversation 😂😂😂

No lies here. I was there not too long ago. South Carolina is just….different. Country fried muhfuckas scared as shit at the white folk everywhere but got all smoke on their own.

Shit was….disheartening.

Honestly I didn't have any issues with the local black folks and I lived there for almost 4 years.

But chucktown was strange (I've posted before some of my issues with the place) to say the least. I had some fun there but I was definitely ready and happy to leave. Lol.

I’m from Nola and seen it growing up.

In my current state shit is weird and tasteless.
Word.

I'll be honest, New Orleans black folks ( can only talk about my kind) a decent amount of us is stuck in the past bruh. We have our own little "world" here. I hate to say it, but when I was a younger teen and my other friends/cousins were offered (and some ) participated in losing there V cards to older Prostitutes. Encouraged by the OGs to do so to. Niggas here is IGNANT bruh.

Not me though, I never fully participated in my city culture like that but always loved it from a far but knowing some shit we did here was throwed off.

Some folks caught up to the times, but alot of folks be still wilding.

Back