Welcome To aBlackWeb

It looks like the #MeToo movement is planting the seeds to come after the Hip Hop industry next…

DrAAJwTWoAE3VdL.jpg

Imagine someone suggestin' this and then you actually do it. Madness

Mate there's no way this is the first time you've read someone say that rape victims often keep their attack a secret for all sorts of reasons.

The definition of rape isn't changin' man its always beeb pretty much the same, it's just that women are way more likely to report it. As for men bein' guilty until proven innocent, that's true. Although, it's not 100%. Cristiano Ronaldo has a case on him right now, but most people believe him and not her.

And how do you feel about Ronnie?

Mate there's no way this is the first time you've read someone say that rape victims often keep their attack a secret for all sorts of reasons.

The definition of rape isn't changin' man its always beeb pretty much the same, it's just that women are way more likely to report it. As for men bein' guilty until proven innocent, that's true. Although, it's not 100%. Cristiano Ronaldo has a case on him right now, but most people believe him and not her.

Yeah, and how many more go straight to the cops right after it happens? Guarantee you that a good number of women that went straight to the cops are side eyeing these chicks coming out talmbout "well, 20-30 years ago..." unless the chick in question was a minor and the man was an adult.

As for what constitutes rape, yes, it's been changing since the 90's. As I mentioned earlier "drunk sex" was NEVER considered rape, but recently it has been. Regretting a sexual encounter after-the-fact was never considered rape, but now it is. Even when a chick consents to sex, if she says "stop" on the last stroke before you bust one and you don't immediately jump out the pussy, you've just raped her; that was never the case years ago. Sexually waking your partner up is now considered rape. Further murking up the waters is that now we have it where just because a chick doesn't explicitly say "no" doesn't mean she consents despite her taking all her clothes off, getting on the bed and throwing her legs behind her head with a fuckin smile on her face; you need an explicit "yes" in order to fuck that chick and not wind up on the summer jam screen.

And we can go even further with it. To believe that what constitutes rape in 2018 is significantly different from 1990 is naive at best, dangerous at it's worst.

Hip hop is sexist as fuck

If u say it isnt u dumb or lyin. But no need to cry. I dont see it changing.

Hip hop like 40yrs old and most ppl cant name 5 female artists
No it isn’t. What kinda white people shit is this?

No it isn’t. What kinda white people shit is this?

I kinda see where he's coming from. Sexism and misogyny are pretty rampant in Hip Hop. I don't think even the people deeply involved in it over the years would disagree with that. However, I would say that's different from describing the culture itself as sexist. There is nothing inherently sexist about Hip Hop.

I don't know what he's talking about when he says most people can't name 5 female MCs. If you can't do that, you're probably not a real Hip Hop head.

Most ppl arent "hip hop heads". Thats kinda my point.

Ok, but that just makes them ignorant about the culture. It doesn't make the culture sexist. I could name you 5 female MC that have come out in the past 5 or so years and I don't even listen to modern hip hop like that.

Female rappers need to get but naked to sell a record.

They never had to in the past. All that was started by Lil Kim and Foxy but really didn't take off until much later 'cause you still had far more female rappers keeping their clothes on than not until Nicki. That's who really pushed that image forward more than anyone else.

I kinda see where he's coming from. Sexism and misogyny are pretty rampant in Hip Hop. I don't think even the people deeply involved in it over the years would disagree with that. However, I would say that's different from describing the culture itself as sexist. There is nothing inherently sexist about Hip Hop.

I don't know what he's talking about when he says most people can't name 5 female MCs. If you can't do that, you're probably not a real Hip Hop head.
Of course you’d see where he’s coming from. How are we allowing stereotypes to define hip hop? For every artist that says bitches and hoes and has half naked women in their videos, I can name some that speak on issues and are positive so get all the way the fuck outta here with that shit, and if you think hip hop is sexist then why are you listening to it? And if you believe that then you’re suspect.

They never had to in the past. All that was started by Lil Kim and Foxy but really didn't take off until much later 'cause you still had far more female rappers keeping their clothes on than not until Nicki. That's who really pushed that image forward more than anyone else.
I disagree

Of course you’d see where he’s coming from. How are we allowing stereotypes to define hip hop? For every artist that says bitches and hoes and has half naked women in their videos, I can name some that speak on issues and are positive so get all the way the fuck outta here with that shit, and if you think hip hop is sexist then why are you listening to it? And if you believe that then you’re suspect.

Fuck are you talking about nigga? Didn't I flat out say that there is nothing about Hip Hop that is inherently sexist? Me understanding why he might come to that conclusion doesn't mean I agree with it. And you ranting about some shit as if you disagree with me, when you're basically just saying the same shit I already said is retarded.

Fuck are you talking about nigga? Didn't I flat out say that there is nothing about Hip Hop that is inherently sexist? Me understanding why he might come to that conclusion doesn't mean I agree with it. And you ranting about some shit as if you disagree with me, when you're basically just saying the same shit I already said is retarded.
Don’t address as nigga since I don’t know what you are. Secondly the fact that you had to splain away how you think he might’ve thought Hip Hop was sexist was pointless. You’re playing the damn devils advocate as usual.

Feminist want equal. 50/50.

Whats the ratio of male to female rappers.

Why do I care if feminists want 50/50?

If a chick is dope then she gets put on, you don't get put on just because you're female and you wanna rap, that's some bullshit. You gotta show and prove just like everybody else and if you can't do that you don't deserve a record deal.

Don’t address as nigga since I don’t know what you are. Secondly the fact that you had to splain away how you think he might’ve thought Hip Hop was sexist was pointless. You’re playing the damn devils advocate as usual.

My nigga shut up. My explanation wasn't pointless. You think he's the only way that thinks the way he does? He isn't. Identifying why people have mistaken perceptions of things and explaining why they are wrong is the only way you actually knock down false representations. Ranting like a dumbass and acting like everyone who doesn't agree with you is inherently terrible like you always do is what's actually pointless.

Back