Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bro, that PMP cert is no joke. I studied that for that bitch for about 3mos straight. I'm gooing to save you a headache and give you some real advice. STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST

the test is about 3-4hrs long 205 questions with a lot of repetition of question that sound and look the same but aren't.

Once you pass my nigga...........all the doors you thought of never even walking up to is now open. IT PM makes no less 100k and you can work two jobs if you want to because the work is easy so that's 2 100k jobs you can do without breaking a sweat.

Get that money bro

My old boss in defense was trying to get me on the PM bandwagon. I took a look and it just wasn't for me. Had this Mexican cat that worked with me leave and started doing the shit as a consultant. Dude was pullin' $250/hr on that shit. Had me in my feels about not going that route but I ain't the type of dude to be a PM. Senior Engineer/Engineering lead/director is fine, even CIO, but leave me far away from project management.

Last edited:
My old boss in defense was trying to get me on the PM bandwagon. I took a look and it just wasn't for me. Had this Mexican cat that worked with me leave and started doing the shit as a consultant. Dude was pullin' $250/hr on that shit. Had me in my feels about not going that route but I ain't the type of dude to be a PM. Senior Engineer/Engineering lead/director is fine, even CIO, but leave me far away from project management.

why don’t you wanna be a PM if you don’t mind me asking?

I'm more of a technical minded person. I want to get into the weeds and make it happen, break shit, fix shit, see how it works and why. PM pulls you away from that.
As a PM currently you're not wrong at all. That's why I'm planning to go over to the IT PM route it's a little more hands on than my current role because I miss touching equipment or at least learning about the equipment in the field. All I. do now is regulate a job, tell a vendor where to go what to spend and report to upper mgmnt.

As a PM currently you're not wrong at all. That's why I'm planning to go over to the IT PM route it's a little more hands on than my current role because I miss touching equipment or at least learning about the equipment in the field. All I. do now is regulate a job, tell a vendor where to go what to spend and report to upper mgmnt.

and that kind of stuff would drive me insane if that was my day-to-day.

I'm more of a technical minded person. I want to get into the weeds and make it happen, break shit, fix shit, see how it works and why. PM pulls you away from that.

I got into IT late, like in my late 30s. I eventually want to get more hands on but I wanna learn about this new job more and eventually get into PM and get that certification. I also still wanna get a cloud certification and see where that can eventually take me

So what’s y’all plan for 2023?

Mine changed drastically with the new job I start next week but I’m planning on getting the PMP certification and Azure. If the job lets me become a project manager, it’s over. What about you?

So what’s y’all plan for 2023?

Mine changed drastically with the new job I start next week but I’m planning on getting the PMP certification and Azure. If the job lets me become a project manager, it’s over. What about you?
I'm either getting my Scrum or Agile Cert and really debating going after a Cloud cert like Azure or the one Amazon offers. I'm seriously thinking of switching over into IT project management to finish out my career.

Back