Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
depends on how deep in the weeds you really get. One spot I worked we had a person dedicated to user adds/deletes on the Windows side. To me that was brain dead easy but it counted as network security. My job at that same company was essentially "God's Eyes". Every packet of data in and out of the company globally came my way via Netwitness, FireEye, Tipping Point IPS, AirWatch, and Symantec Endpoint and DLP along with all of the proxy logs. If it happened, I either knew about it, was alerted to it, or could find it if there was an issue.

Quick question bro I thinking bout enrolling at my community college and trying to get some cybersecurity certification and it was a short course offered which will be like for beginners and a bigger one with more certs.

like I’m just trying start something new

@Old Man Cain my Microsoft connect finally came through!

He finally called me and we talked for an hour about the jobs and he even gave me a mock interview. His wife is a manager and she’s gonna be in on the next mock interview we do. They are in a sorta hiring freeze at the moment due to budgeting but he already referred me to someone who has the same job I’m applying for. Hoping for the best

@Old Man Cain my Microsoft connect finally came through!

He finally called me and we talked for an hour about the jobs and he even gave me a mock interview. His wife is a manager and she’s gonna be in on the next mock interview we do. They are in a sorta hiring freeze at the moment due to budgeting but he already referred me to someone who has the same job I’m applying for. Hoping for the best
Ayooo good shit bro, hopefully they open up and you get the gig

Trying to secure an interview with a local company and leave my decent city job. Working for the city is cool but I think I may have overrated the perks. At the end of the day I'm only accepting work that's exactly what I want and on my terms.

I've been in the game for 12 years now. This job I'm trying to secure is willing to pay $90,000 and it's hybrid. Only 1 day at most in the office per week. This is the shit that I deserve. I'm done giving more to these companies than they're giving back.

Trying to secure an interview with a local company and leave my decent city job. Working for the city is cool but I think I may have overrated the perks. At the end of the day I'm only accepting work that's exactly what I want and on my terms.

I've been in the game for 12 years now. This job I'm trying to secure is willing to pay $90,000 and it's hybrid. Only 1 day at most in the office per week. This is the shit that I deserve. I'm done giving more to these companies than they're giving back.
My current job was hybrid and we went into the office every Wednesday and Thursday but that ended last week. Company sold the bldg we was end and now I'm strictly from home till out new office is done being built. I kinda miss the going into the office but it's all good.

I'm trying to do work from home or hybrid only. If jobs are willing to pay me more to do the same work without having to stare at me all day sign me the fuck up.
Don't know of you checked but Meta aka Facebook is hiring for all types of roles and their work from home strictly or hybrid roles.

Go to LinkedIn and search Meta jobs or Meta hiring.

Guess I will let y’all know. Unfortunately, my Microsoft connection once again isn’t helping. Out of nowhere a few weeks ago, my parents informed me that our old neighbor retired from his job as an engineer at a health care company. His son is now a consultant for that company and they’ve been trying to get me a IT job there for years. They finally have some analyst positions open and he gave the hiring manager my resume. Had the phone screening last week and formal interview a few days later. Got the interview with the hiring manager tomorrow afternoon. It would be a traveling job most of the time. I’d go to different hospitals and doctors offices around the US to troubleshoot their machines and the pay for that job in a week is more than what I make right now for 2 weeks. It would be a great opportunity for me. Hope I get it

Guess I will let y’all know. Unfortunately, my Microsoft connection once again isn’t helping. Out of nowhere a few weeks ago, my parents informed me that our old neighbor retired from his job as an engineer at a health care company. His son is now a consultant for that company and they’ve been trying to get me a IT job there for years. They finally have some analyst positions open and he gave the hiring manager my resume. Had the phone screening last week and formal interview a few days later. Got the interview with the hiring manager tomorrow afternoon. It would be a traveling job most of the time. I’d go to different hospitals and doctors offices around the US to troubleshoot their machines and the pay for that job in a week is more than what I make right now for 2 weeks. It would be a great opportunity for me. Hope I get it
Good shit bro you got this!

Best of luck my dude.

Damn right!

you’ll get it bro damn right

I’ve fallen off my IT shit heavy the last few months. Work & family life kinda had to take a front seat. As of right now and well into the first part of 2023 the focus is certs & trying to get experience. @SportsByRo I decided to go your route bro and try that Google IT Cert. Just so I can learn as much as I can since the criteria is equivalent to the CompTia A+. After that slowly work my way through mastering Python and getting that CCNA. Hopefully I can do a little side gig while I’m working the main job that’ll look good to put on my resume.

I’ve fallen off my IT shit heavy the last few months. Work & family life kinda had to take a front seat. As of right now and well into the first part of 2023 the focus is certs & trying to get experience. @SportsByRo I decided to go your route bro and try that Google IT Cert. Just so I can learn as much as I can since the criteria is equivalent to the CompTia A+. After that slowly work my way through mastering Python and getting that CCNA. Hopefully I can do a little side gig while I’m working the main job that’ll look good to put on my resume.
The Google IT cert is a very basic cert (right now) A+ is good starting off point to learn aspect of a computer BUT Net+, Sec+ are the better of the two and are highly needed in the government contractor sector. The Cisco certs CCNA,CCNP and so on are the industry standards and hold more weight in the private world. Not telling you what to do but just wanting to let you know how it is on a time mgmt type of thing.

I'm about to grab another PM cert maybe Agile cert and then I'm going to quit fucking around and finally get myself that CCNA/CCNP. My trajectory is to go the IT PM route, so far I'm doing aight but I need to focus especially since my foot is in the door. Current job I have is great money great but it's more money out there and I need that.

Get yourself in the doors fellas, learn the system reach back help the next guy in the door, hopefully he/she will do the same so you can all win. It's so many things our community is missing out on and I want our people in the doors in the meetings and winning

Back