Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Your Current Career What You Want To Do W/ Your Life?

I think many on here and IC knows what my passion and goal is. Want to be a successful instruemntal artist/ producer. Still trying to define what success is since I have multiple visuals, projects, and other things out. My goal now is just collaborations with individuals I can see who can complement my art well and growing my brand as well as theirs. Biggest thing is finding like minded talent since I'm difficult AF and my sound is not necessarily what's in right now. My goal is to create a sound and be remembered in music history. That's all I want. A spot in hip hop or music history and I'm happy.

Just curious brother why they let you go? You should go back to writing BTW

I hated the work. I was just happy to be working at that firm because I really needed the job and it was 5 minutes from my house so it was convenient but I learned that if I see no growth in the job, there’s no point in working there so I slacked off. People complained. One of the partners saw me slipping and fired me. I was fine with it because had that not happened, I wouldn’t have known exactly what I wanted to do in IT so it was a blessing. As for writing, dunno if I wanna continue to do that. Maybe as a hobby but as a full time job? Not a chance

I never really had a thing I wanted to do as a career. I never had that need to do what you love as a job/career. I always looked at it very practically. Its 40 hours a week of work, and all that matters is the money.

All I cared about was not being misreable in my job.

Luckily though, ive lucked out and ended up with a career that really fulfills me.

Other shit in my life, im not fulfilled with. Just turned 31 and the urge to start a family is getting strong. The issue though with being 31 is i find it harder and harder to form a real connection with anyone.

Yep.

Wish I would have been able to zero in and focus on it sooner...

I would be a lot far ahead.

Luckily in IT advancement is swift especially within the DoD contracting realm...

you can double or sometimes triple your salary in 5 years if you work it right

I started at 33K/yr on a helpdesk.
Five years later I was just short of $90K and working for a DoD contractor as a senior level engineer.

Lotta folks don't believe how fast you can advance in IT. It ain't automatic though, you gotta plan your moves and go into shit that most people don't want to fuck with (like Linux/Unix, security, or IBM i) but once you get there and get that experience you can pretty much write your own ticket.

Last edited:
I've literally been doing shit with computers since I was 10. At first I wanted to be a programmer, but the shit got tedious as computers got more complex. Now I 'm on the IT side of the house and don't see an end to it any time soon.

I'd like to be doing more with music though. I'm looking at DJ'ing again after I relocate back to Tha D and rebuilding my recording rig.

Nope.
I never really had a thing I wanted to do as a career. I never had that need to do what you love as a job/career. I always looked at it very practically. Its 40 hours a week of work, and all that matters is the money.

All I cared about was not being misreable in my job.

Luckily though, ive lucked out and ended up with a career that really fulfills me.

Other shit in my life, im not fulfilled with. Just turned 31 and the urge to start a family is getting strong. The issue though with being 31 is i find it harder and harder to form a real connection with anyone.
Nigga said his biological clock is ticking lol

It took a while, but I’m finally at my career position.

Middle School Math Teacher.

I’m good with it. Maybe I can parlay it to a VP position or principal slot, but I love teaching, so yeah...I’m here.

That’s whatup my sister and brother in law both teach almost 20’yeara

I work for a Christian company that help folks get insureance and shit like that. It’s cool but I was getting into the Vending business so I can do my own thing. Had shit going right for me and boom this shit happen. Machines just sitting.

Still working but mapping out some other opportunities.

But. Plans is to buy a few more and leave lil signs on them to tell folks not to leave and be going out in public and just spend money here lololololol.

I wanna get a machines that hold food and not just snacks and drinks

I work for a Christian company that help folks get insureance and shit like that. It’s cool but I was getting into the Vending business so I can do my own thing. Had shit going right for me and boom this shit happen. Machines just sitting.

Still working but mapping out some other opportunities.

But. Plans is to buy a few more and leave lil signs on them to tell folks not to leave and be going out in public and just spend money here lololololol.

I wanna get a machines that hold food and not just snacks and drinks
Ayyyy I was thinking about buying some vending machines this summer. Gon get the garage cleaned out to make room for em while I figure out how to put em out there

Ayyyy I was thinking about buying some vending machines this summer. Gon get the garage cleaned out to make room for em while I figure out how to put em out there

Right spot you can make over $3,500 on one machine a year.

Might now seem like a lot but you get 3 or 4 machines making that on top of your job you have that can pay off in the long run

Fax.

I know some people just think you talk shit in threads but you've been lookin out for me since day 1. You've helped me out multiple times and til this day you school me on shit and give business advice.

One of the most solid niggas I've come across.
damn thanks bruh.

just trying to hold down those whos trying to get it.

Fax.

I know some people just think you talk shit in threads but you've been lookin out for me since day 1. You've helped me out multiple times and til this day you school me on shit and give business advice.

One of the most solid niggas I've come across.
Mannnnnnn fuck dat nigga he owes me the golf & pool table fade. He don't check in when hes in Charlotte and hit me up after the fact.......he ain't shit

:stare:

Right spot you can make over $3,500 on one machine a year.

Might now seem like a lot but you get 3 or 4 machines making that on top of your job you have that can pay off in the long run
Do you have to pay taxes on income made from the machines ?? I know some people that put machines inside warehouse break rooms and they offer the company a small percentage.. I wouldn’t offer them shit but a good sales pitch, starting with “if you put my machines in your facility, you’re employees wouldn’t have a reason to leave during lunch/breaks”.. Then freestyle the rest of the sales pitch, and have them begging me to put my machines in their break rooms...

Do you have to pay taxes on income made from the machines ?? I know some people that put machines inside warehouse break rooms and they offer the company a small percentage.. I wouldn’t offer them shit but a good sales pitch, starting with “if you put my machines in your facility, you’re employees wouldn’t have a reason to leave during lunch/breaks”.. Then freestyle the rest of the sales pitch, and have them begging me to put my machines in their break rooms...

Taxes? What’s that lol. Yea. You suppose to report income.

And if a company reach out to you you damn sure don’t have to pay them but most likely a deal will be reached fam. Ain’t shit free. It’s plenty of folks that would pay a company to have a machine in their break room though. Just be aware of that. Andmost want you to show insurance. (Tire ships and barber shops don’t care as much but the sales are lower)

Back