Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Trina A Legend?

Is Trina A Legend

• Total voters
Told Yall feat Rick Ross

I Got A Thang for You feat Keyshia Cole

I've only had one Trina album and I played it heavily.

For a legend yall sure are having a hard time tryna find her classic tracks..

I'll say it again.. Vet for sure...

Nobody in here saying she trash... but a LEGEND? nahhhhhhhh

For a legend yall sure are having a hard time tryna find her classic tracks..

I'll say it again.. Vet for sure...

Nobody in here saying she trash... but a LEGEND? nahhhhhhhh
who said she was a legend tho? lol

one of the people that voted legend has 11 posts total

i get that from going back and forth with CTB

who said she was a legend tho? lol

one of the people that voted legend has 11 posts total

i get that from going back and forth with CTB

Sion and Goldie claimed she was a legend in the thread and in the poll. I was just seeking clarity on HOW she a legend. I see as I was writing this @Sion wrote an ode to Trina... brb

The problem with this is niggas here don't really respect or contribute to female hip hop at all. So you're gonna get a biased opinion and/or one that's not even familiar with Trina',s music or willing to look at her career objectively. It's like trying to get niggas to rate and categorize Beyoncé's classics. Niggas can't do it but females definitely can. Females who cut from that cloth or came up in that era love Trina.

FALSE.. niggas give props to female rappers all the time. MC Lyte, Latifah, Kim, Foxy, Lauryn Hill , Nicki, Remy, Rah Digga, Young MA, Rapsody and many more get props as emcees .

They aint ALL legends but they get respect so lets not do that.

Trina aint in the same conversation as the names mentioned above IMO.

I feel like I ask this in every thread. How are we determining what a legend is?

She's cut from cloth and from that class of Hip-Hop. Whether you like it or not. She's from that era and to people from her home state they respect her in the same vein that niggas from Philly respect Eve or niggas from Jersey respect Queen Latifah.
The only thing she has in common is the sexualized lyrics, Trina has no classic albums, she has no standout moments. No one was checking for her music like they was Kim and Foxy

Back