Welcome To aBlackWeb

is this a red flag for you?

Should you avoid those that cant hold friendships with ppl for 10 yrs or more?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Eh....

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
But you ain't all that close if you only talk once every quarter.

Like I said everyone is different but the people you can go long periods of time without even thinking about aren't really friends. Those are associates at best.

I have friends and family that I love to death but don't call like that. Again though, I'm talking after we've already built a strong friendship.

It's like an old married couple. They don't gotta be all on each other and saying "I love you" every 5 seconds, to know their shit is strong. Newlyweds may need all that all the time, but 20 years into the marriage it's not that necessary.

If I'm 33 and we've been friends for 20 years, I don't need to hit you up to see what we're doing this weekend every week. Sit your old ass at home with your family like I'm doing. As long as you're happy and healthy, and so am I... we can catch up later.

Unless you lived in a small town or lived at the same place your entire life then this makes no sense. A more reasonable red flag is if they don't have no friends at all.

But you ain't all that close if you only talk once every quarter.

Like I said everyone is different but the people you can go long periods of time without even thinking about aren't really friends. Those are associates at best.

Not talking to somebody don't mean you aint thinking about then. It just means you haven't talked to them

Back