Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is There Any Celebrity or Establishment That You've Canceled?

Everything anti black is cancelled by me but as far as shit that I've actually spent my money on

Koonye

Dove

Koonye

Papa John's

Koonye

Starbucks

and of course Koonye

Haven't listened to R. Kelly in a smooth decade...just couldn't do it the more I thought about those damn accusations and the topics of his songs. It's hard as hell for me to listen to Big Pun after I saw that video of him chasing his wife with a shotgun. I can do a song or two but eventually that image pops back into my head and I just can't ignore it. Definitely hard to listen to all those girl songs Fabolous wrote after that incident with him and his lady went down too.

Any restaurant with a drive thru cept Chic-Fil-a ( that sammich and lemonade will always slap)

In about a year or 2 jordans are about to be on the list starting to feel too old for them and 150-200 for shoes that I don’t hoop in ain’t the business no more

I don’t cancel things, I normally just decide they don’t fit into my life anymore.

Crack Donalds. Outside of the occasional McMuffin when I’m on the road and hungry during breakfast, they been gone from my life, fries and all. Matter of fact, 95% of all fast food has been jettisoned from my life in the last few years. There’s way too many places in Brooklyn to go to.

BlondYe been cut long before he became MAGAYe...last time I played any of his shit was Yeezus.

The R-Ruh (aka Kels) hasn’t been cancelled in my iPhone, but I’m not buying anything else from dude. He’s once of the nastiest Nates I remember, but that early shit is dope, so it stays.

My thing is: I despise “cancel culture.” Sounds like new-age fascism to me. If I stop fucking with an artist or a product, it ain’t cause of some faux-paus or gaffe they did, it’s cause that product seems wack as shit to me now.

Besides, if we really did cut off something or someone EVERY time they did or said something not to our liking, there’d literally be no one left to listen to, except like a Young MC and K-Dot or some shit.

Ive seen the Internet “cancel” damn near every hip-hop artist - from Nas to Hov, RZA to T.I. to Dr.Dre, and even fuckin J Cole.

At some point, people just got make those decisions for their own self, and not cause a pound sign told them to.

To quote Budden on one of his podcasts, “Cancel culture can suck my dick, and it’s definitely over for y’all niggas this year.”

Last edited:
man this "cancel" culture shit is mostly a millenial/Gen Z thing

shit makes me feel old watching many "adults" attempting to be morally superior just because they are too weak to refuse being influenced by mainstream opinions

R.Kelly's personal issues are debatable similar to Bill Cosby.........but u look weak-minded pretending like R.Kelly ain't been dropping top tier music since like 1992 and now all of a sudden his music is an issue

half u lil niggaz were probably conceived to one of his songs anyway:lol10:

yet mofos still listen to rap music w/ no problems when there is plenty of problematic content

anything other than just aging out of a former preference just seems like virtue signaling.........."cancel culture" just goes right in hand w/ "follower culture" IMO

Frfr

Cancel culture only became a thing when these 90s babies saw new Jack city for the first time a few years ago

Nino cancelled ol girl with the champagne now all of a sudden, it's cancel this and cancel that

To the people who have an issue with people being "cancelled"...is it really a bad thing for the buying public, who are essentially an artists "boss" in a sense, to just let any ol shit they do slide so long as they produce some good art?

man this "cancel" culture shit is mostly a millenial/Gen Z thing

shit makes me feel old watching many "adults" attempting to be morally superior just because they are too weak to refuse being influenced by mainstream opinions

R.Kelly's personal issues are debatable similar to Bill Cosby.........but u look weak-minded pretending like R.Kelly ain't been dropping top tier music since like 1992 and now all of a sudden his music is an issue

half u lil niggaz were probably conceived to one of his songs anyway:lol10:

yet mofos still listen to rap music w/ no problems when there is plenty of problematic content

anything other than just aging out of a former preference just seems like virtue signaling.........."cancel culture" just goes right in hand w/ "follower culture" IMO

Well some shit you are morally superior on like dating/fucking underage girls for decades on end. That's not really a bad line to draw in the sand in terms of whether or not you want to support an artist. Nobody has said his music wasn't good...that's a huge part of the reason the shit hits people so hard. Because he's such a musical genius it's hard for people to also wrap their minds around the fact he could at the same time be doing the heinous shit he was doing. Also millenials, who people keep mistaking as all teens and 20 year olds for some odd reason, aren't the ones who cancelled R. Kelly. Millenials are in their 30s and 40s at this point. We rocked with his shit through the initial allegations. It's been Gen Z that finally pulled the plug on his career because they didn't accept people trying to pass off songs blatantly written about children as "Well it's just some dope shit" because they ain't have the same memories attached to the songs we did.

I don’t cancel things, I normally just decide they don’t fit into my life anymore.

Crack Donalds. Outside of the occasional McMuffin when I’m on the road and hungry during breakfast, they been gone from my life, fries and all. Matter of fact, 95% of all fast food has been jettisoned from my life in the last few years. There’s way too many places in Brooklyn to go to.

BlondYe been cut long before he became MAGAYe...last time I played any of his shit was Yeezus.

The R-Ruh (aka Kels) hasn’t been cancelled in my iPhone, but I’m not buying anything else from dude. He’s once of the nastiest Nates I remember, but that early shit is dope, so it stays.

My thing is: I despise “cancel culture.” Sounds like new-age fascism to me. If I stop fucking with an artist or a product, it ain’t cause of some faux-paus or gaffe they did, it’s cause that product seems wack as shit to me now.

Besides, if we really did cut off something or someone EVERY time they did or said something not to our liking, there’d literally be no one left to listen to, except like a Young MC and K-Dot or some shit.

Ive seen the Internet “cancel” damn near every hip-hop artist - from Nas to Hov, RZA to T.I. to Dr.Dre, and even fuckin J Cole.

At some point, people just got make those decisions for their own self, and not cause a pound sign told them to.

To quote Budden on one of his podcasts, “Cancel culture can suck my dick, and it’s definitely over for y’all niggas this year.”
Idk what everyone else's gripe was but I was considering canceling boycotting Cole because of his "no more features" stance. That don't sit right..

Last edited:
Well some shit you are morally superior on like dating/fucking underage girls for decades on end. That's not really a bad line to draw in the sand in terms of whether or not you want to support an artist. Nobody has said his music wasn't good...that's a huge part of the reason the shit hits people so hard. Because he's such a musical genius it's hard for people to also wrap their minds around the fact he could at the same time be doing the heinous shit he was doing. Also millenials, who people keep mistaking as all teens and 20 year olds for some odd reason, aren't the ones who cancelled R. Kelly. Millenials are in their 30s and 40s at this point. We rocked with his shit through the initial allegations. It's been Gen Z that finally pulled the plug on his career because they didn't accept people trying to pass off songs blatantly written about children as "Well it's just some dope shit" because they ain't have the same memories attached to the songs we did.

indeed I can agree with the underlined

but to me it doesn't make sense to act like the shit is now a problem when the same people looking at R.Kelly crazy now, were the same ones who bought albums like Chocolate Factory/Happy People

the allegations around R.Kelly were prominent even back then........it just seem like people only care now because it's popular to follows trends of cancel culture......r.kelly is on a long list of celebrities who have "allegedly" done fucked up shit

it's not mathematically possible for millennials to be in their 40s at this point.........and it just further reinforces how millennials are shallow as fuck and disingenuous..........how you in your late 30s and just now deciding to have strong opinions about where you spend your money

Gen Zers get a pass for now because of their youth/immaturity.........they are still figuring it out

Last edited:
To the people who have an issue with people being "cancelled"...is it really a bad thing for the buying public, who are essentially an artists "boss" in a sense, to just let any ol shit they do slide so long as they produce some good art?

nothing wrong with it in theory

but the problem is how is it practiced..........

when canceling something it makes sense that u should also avoid hypocrisy

Last edited:
And this is where i call bullshit.

There's TONS of artists that could've been cancelled in the name of "moral superiority."

The Temptations - Pretty common knowledge that David Ruffin beat Tmmi Terrell into a pulp, and maybe responsible for the brain damage that killed her.

Ray Charles - had a history of adulterous behavior and was a heroin addict for decades.

Miles Davis - Had a major history of spousal abuse to all his wives, plus was a junkie for decades.

Marvin Gaye - Do we even need to go into his history?

Teddy Pendergrass - Apparently, love the trans folk, hence partially the reason he was paralyzed. (got into a car accident while getting topped off by one)

Whitney - Cokehead supreme

Biggie - Smacked Kim around, which she already told the story on

I could keep going here, but you all get the point. This whole thing of retroactively deciding to kill artists' career to such your own moral outrage has BEEN bullshit. None of us are perfect; some of us just have fuck-ups that are more public. I don't punish ART for that. I can separate a person's work from their life, and because of that, I don't hold people to a moral barometer that I shouldn't have to.

A pastor? Yeah. Their livelihood should be based on it.

A politician? To a certain extent, yes. Part of them needing public support should be based on how they conduct themselves.

A teacher? Depends. If they're personal life strays away from their professional lives, I could give a shit what they do when there's no kids around them.

But an artist? HELL NO. Why should I give a fuck if Jimi Hendrix was tripped out on acid, if he gave us some of the greatest guitar playing ever? Prince, too, just switching acid for pills.

This is why I don't identify with Millenials and Gen Z. Gen X knows that all of us are flawed, and we're able to co-exist anyway. Not these new muhfuckas. The way they strut around, you'd think all of em have halos already.

Last edited:
r kelly
bill cosby
jay z - still listen to his music but an intense eye roll at anything outside of that
trina- bitch youre dumb

but i dont stan celebs so cancelling them doesnt bother me one bit

Back