Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is the conscious community frauds?

They call all the prophets frauds. Marcus, Malcolm, Martin, Muhammad (all of them), Farrakhan, etc. Yes, there are black devils among us, but they are easily found out and they never last long and history will never be kind to them.

Nonsense. That "woke shit" was just a buzzword and y'all let scammers use it to get over on you. I can't think of anyone that was or is against black empowerment. Some of us can recognize conartists and some can't.

You say none sense, but the #ADOS thread was another example of push back on a conscious movement. Some constructive criticism is cool, but responses were beyond that. People were far too adverse to something intended to be empowering.

The same shit for years.
"We gotta help everyone not just help blacks. They ain't gonna let blacks do that. All white people ain't bad. Not now, but maybe next time. You're asking too much. That ain't never gonna happen" and etc.

And this method for sniffing out con-artist and scammers is just the same.
"They got a youtube, they ask for donations, why they on tv, they on tv too much, they drive this, this should be free, they live over there, but such and such said this, how they get that, they're lame, I heard this, something bout them I don't like" and etc.

Degrees, sources, receipts, facts, real life experience, actual works, contributions to black society, or just a valid point? Nope. Not good enough.
Like I said, they're all frauds to most. If such people screened other groups the same, maybe we'd be in a better state now.

I think its easier and convenient for niggas to dismiss them as "con artists". Shooting the messenger in order to undermine the message.

Or maybe people see the shit these dudes do and realize it's some conman shit. You act people just come in these topics and hate for no reason. People can rattle off reason after reason why Dr. Umar isn't the most trustworthy dude, and ya'll will ignore all that.

You say none sense, but the #ADOS thread was another example of push back on a conscious movement. Some constructive criticism is cool, but responses were beyond that. People were far too adverse to something intended to be empowering.

The same shit for years.
"We gotta help everyone not just help blacks. They ain't gonna let blacks do that. All white people ain't bad. Not now, but maybe next time. You're asking too much. That ain't never gonna happen" and etc.

"They got a youtube, they ask for donations, why they on tv, they on tv too much, they drive this, this should be free, they live over there, but such and such said this, how they get that, they're lame, I heard this, something bout them I don't like" and etc.

Degrees, sources, receipts, facts, real life experience, actual works, contributions to black society, or just a valid point? Nope. Not good enough.
Like I said, they're all frauds to most. If such people screened other groups the same, maybe we'd be in a better state now.

The #ADOS thread was a good example. It's not like people were just going into that thread acting like blacks don't deserve reparations. Some of us were questioning the wisdom of splitting the diaspora at a time when unity is needed amongst all black people.

But that's the shit that I'm talking about. If some of the conscious people find a leader and you disagree with that leader, then suddenly you're the enemy. Then when you point out the fucked up shit that leader does, you're a hater. It's silly.

The funny thing is when Tariq and Umar were beefing, and niggas were forced to choose sides. We saw some of the niggas using the same attacks against the other side that they were calling people haters for saying months ago.

But that's the shit that I'm talking about. If some of the conscious people find a leader and you disagree with that leader, then suddenly you're the enemy. Then when you point out the fucked up shit that leader does, you're a hater. It's silly.

In that type of scenario, yes, it is silly. Valid points are not the problem and I for one can respect them.

The problem is when a valid reason is not given, false presumptions are made, and/or there is unwarranted resistance to the conscious community. These type of irrational responses are what I'd expect from racist non-blacks, but seem to happen too often on a predominantly black social site.

Yeah, brothers likeRev. Mark Thompson, whop is actually putting in TANGIBLE work for chance

You never answered my question about what's wrong with them being compensated for what they do? Literally everything that's put in motion has to be funded first. Political campaigns, cancer and aids etc research is funded, Musicians are rich but they don't have to spend their own money to create music, they get advanced. I could go on but you get it... what's the problem?

Last edited:

The same shit for years.

Dont the conscious community say all these things about every pastor in the black community?

Last edited:
A con artist is someone that sells you half truths and a lot of lies. The conscious community does that a lot and then people are looking for authorative people to guide them. It's the same thing white people see in Trump, someone to empower them. Basically, you are doing the opposite and setting yourself up to be a victim. It's not all and there are a lot of people truly genuine in this but a lot are deceptive snakes.

In that type of scenario, yes, it is silly. Valid points are not the problem and I for one can respect them.

The problem is when a valid reason is not given, false presumptions are made, and/or there is unwarranted resistance to the conscious community. These type of irrational responses are what I'd expect from racist non-blacks, but seem to happen too often on a predominantly black social site.

I feel you. Unfortunately, there are people like that on both sides of every discussion no matter what the group. They are just a nuisance you have to deal with.

You never answered my question about what's wrong with them being compensated for what they do? Literally everything that's put motion has to be funded first. Political campaigns, cancer and aids etc research is funded, Musicians are rich but they don't have to spend their own money to create music, they get advanced. I could go on but you get it... what's the problem?

And exactly what TANGIBLE "work" are they doing were they need to be compensated so much and so often??

Youtube is free.
Instagram is free.
Twitter is free.
Most of the info they give can be easily Googled and in a lot of cases debunked

They convinced you all to pay them for offering their opinion.

You couldn't even name a simple local policy or law any of these guys have changed or got implemented for the betterment of the community.

But you can name the last exotic vacation Tariq want on with his family...with that donation and Superchat money

Last edited:
And exactly what TANGIBLE "work" are they doing were they need to be compensated so much and so often??

Youtube is free.
Instagram is free.
Twitter is free.

You couldn't even name a simple local policy or law any of these guys have changed or got implemented for the betterment of the community.

But you can name the last exotic vacation Tariq want on with his family...with that donation and Superchat money

Nighas dont want to hold anybody accountable for the bullshit. But let it be a pastor and they want a itemized list

Youtube is free.
Instagram is free.
Twitter is free.

This is exactly my problem with it. I’m not mad at them(or prosperity preachers) trying to get a living wage.

My issue is when they flaunt the luxury shit. It’s a slap in the face, when you donate to a cause or charity and the only tangible result you see from it is the man it’s supposed to be running through living a lavish life.

Like the preacher who bought his wife a damn lambo...

I’m not saying they should’ve settled on a 96 Ford Taurus, but there’s a lot of gray area between that and a $250k car.

An Audi or something like that would have sufficed. And don’t get me started on that Creflo $ nigga asking for another private jet. To even fix his mouth to say that shit is so damn egregious, that congregation should’ve rioted right there

Youtube is free.
Instagram is free.
Twitter is free.

You're whole position is clouded across the board...

Tariq receives donations, you're misconstruing as if he demands them and harps on it. Its a voluntary thing on the part of the people sending. He's not pressed, there's NO OBLIGATION to pay him. You flippantly ask what Tariq does as if he hasn't put out a very informative and SUCCESSFUL black history documentary series Hidden Colors which requires mad research and fact checking. You really act like he's Rev Leon Lonny Love or some televangelist. The nigga is a historian, whether you respect it or not
I started subscribing to him after he dropped the OJ didn't do it receipts. 99 out 100 ppl ignorantly go with the OJ did it narrative with no substantiated proof, just the media spoonfed narrative. It was a cartel hit, no doubt about it.

That entire thread is enlightenment bruh. More tangible work he's done, outside of putting public pressure on the PDs that protect racist killer cops he was the main catalyst for the reparations movement. Whether we get them or not is irrelevant, he got the ball rolling and FORCED the word reparations into political discourse in 2019. All of the candidates have had to acknowledge reparations and will continue through 2020 all because Tariq and others like him.

Lastly, i really hope you have exponentially more negative energy for your actual enemy on and offline. Tariq n them aint your problem. I think you give too much vitriol to someone who's not doing you any literal or figurative harm. Every time I see niggas Oding on criticizing the conscious community I question how much they go hard at white supremacy, maga and people who hate us. I think its low hanging fruit, shooting the messenger and all the other cliches.

I have no problem with anyone getting their hustle on.If naive fools want to send you their hard on check$...for nothing...Hey get your money,playboy!

But one of the issues I have is when these guys and their followers dare to claim all the money they ask for and collect is for the betterment and empowerment of the black community. When ultimately they are only exploiting and pimping black pain for the "betterment and empowerment" of their own pockets

The other issue is over the years, I've come to believe that some of these characters are rabble-rousing control opposition (as Rev. Thompson alluded to in the video clip I posted)

I have no problem with anyone getting their hustle on.If naive fools want to send you their hard on check$...for nothing...Hey get your money,playboy!

But one of the issues I have is when these guys and their followers dare to claim all the money they ask for and collect is for the betterment and empowerment of the black community. When ultimately they are only exploiting and pimping black pain for the "betterment and empowerment" of their own pockets

The other issue is over the years, I've come to believe that some of these characters are rabble-rousing control opposition (as Rev. Thompson alluded to in the video clip I posted)

This has become my position over the last couple years. i wouldnt say that they all are frauds but most of the ones that are blindly followed are. Id like to consider myself conscious but it pains me that our ppl are such sheep. I got into it with one of my nigga niggas the other day because of some of this rhetoric.. The fake woke crowd is almost more detrimental to our community than our oppressors with the misinformation and misguidance.

Back