Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Tha Carter III a classic?

Is the Carter 3 a Classic

• Yeah

• Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't like Cube's 1st 2 albums, but I know the general public considers them classics.

I'm not the biggest fan of C3, but the general public will consider it a classic off impact alone.

Yall got it tho :js4:
This is also facts.

Nothing to do with the cool but if the source was still around and hadn't gotten compromised, do you think they would've given it 5 mics?

Tough to say. Most universal classics weren’t given 5 mics.

Nas has 3 classics that fit my criteria (critical acclaim, impact, sales) Illmatic, It Was Written and Stillmatic. His other albums fall short in one or more categories.
Lost Tapes, God's Son, Distant Relatives but I know the last one didn't sell much at all.

Went through the album

There’s like 6 songs that’s either skippable or not entirely great

I was gonna penalize got money for not being as appealing to listen to today but I decided not to

Jay’s verse on mr Carter is ehh as well

I liken this album to TI’s Paper Trail

It had a lot of commercial hits but it’s not even better than his best album. This album isn’t as cohesive as other classics

And for that I can’t agree with 5th saying it impacted music

Sure it’s possible ppl bit off of what Wayne was doing around this time and that was the sound but idk about the project as a whole itself impacting the music world

I mean it firmly cemented Wayne as a great force with album sales and a milli and lollipop did what it did but shifted the culture a bit? Ehh nah because if it did then the blog era one year later wouldn’t have sounded like it did

But yeah man nah this isn’t a classic objectively

It’s a great album and that’s okay

No. Overall it's ok but I guess other factors could put it there

You could argue that lyrically Wayne is better right now than he was then even though C3 is considered his peak

Honestly, this was the start of the decline for me (minus no ceilings) when Wayne started becoming lazy af, inconsistent, and this album is a perfect example of that.

You got Dr Carter and then Lala
Let the Beat Build and then Got Money
Shoot Me down and then Phone home
Tie My Hands and then Pussy Monster

I didn't know niggas hated Tie My Hands. Wayne hardly offered introspection throughout his career but when he does it he does it well.

Reactions: GNS
Carter 2.5 shows what could have been if not for the leaks. Could've been a classic but the replacement songs didn't measure up.

La La La shits all over La La

The hype surrounding Wayne from 2006 until the Carter 3 was crazy. Canibus run from 96 to his debut reminds me of a poor man’s version of that. At least The Carter 3 somewhat delivered though.

Back