Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Snoop Culturally Bigger Than Jay-Z?

I think a dumb nigga 10 years ago said "Snoop is the most recognizable face in rap history " and niggas ran with it.

As a East Coast NJ/ NY rapper fan

Yes, Snoop is the biggest global rapper
He is the most well known and likable rapper, he is every where.

When we gunna finally admit that Snoop is the GOAT rapper, entertainment/career wise. He came out in the early 90s with classic records that have never stopped being in rotation, every time we thought it was over, he rejuvenates/reinvents himself, pops back up & is still relevant. like 30 years after his rap debut, they had him carrying the Olympic torch on prime time TV, paid him good money to go around having fun & everyone loved him. That shit is wild to me.

And I said this before, but unless you a random regular person, album sales cant always be trusted. We gunna really pretend people with money didnt buy their own album to keep the hype around them.

Nigga bout to either ignore this or counter with "Y Y Yea but, Jay got more money doe"
But he used ghostwriters

:js4:

Im talking facts tho.

Music wise we can all agree Jay-Z is bigger culturally. Let's move that to the side.

Pop culture. Jay's wife is Beyonce. You think people know who she is but don't know who Jay is?

Snoop's a cool dude, Snoop Lion, I get it. I'm just asking yall to think.

When we gunna finally admit that Snoop is the GOAT rapper, entertainment/career wise. He came out in the early 90s with classic records that have never stopped being in rotation, every time we thought it was over, he rejuvenates/reinvents himself, pops back up & is still relevant. like 30 years after his rap debut, they had him carrying the Olympic torch on prime time TV, paid him good money to go around having fun & everyone loved him. That shit is wild to me.

And I said this before, but unless you a random regular person, album sales cant always be trusted. We gunna really pretend people with money didnt buy their own album to keep the hype around them.

Nigga bout to either ignore this or counter with "Y Y Yea but, Jay got more money doe"

lol by these metrics Flava Flav is a close 2nd

Kanye's shoes have arguably surpassed Jordan. His shoe's run Adidas, a global billion dollar brand.

And niggas is saying Snoop is the biggest culturally cuz of cooking shows?

FicklePalatableAmericanwigeon-max-1mb.gif

Back