Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Santa Clause Real?

Judy Winslow

I have bigger plans that my bday can wait.
Site President
For those with kids, do you allow your child to believe in Santa? Why or why not?

For those who don't have children, would you allow your kids to believe in Santa? Why or why not?

i think most everything is age appropriate

as long as she is young, i will try my hardest to keep her innocence in tact, but she aint gon be 15 or nothing looking for Santa when/if i dont have a chimney

nah on that pleihboi

I wldnt. they can enjoy christmas n appreciate santa as a fun fictional character, like Barney.

Yearly discussion in my house. She says he should believe in Santa an I say no. He is only 3 so it is not a problem yet. But he only knows a Black Santa so it is a little compromise for now.

No. NOPE. NAHHHHHH
They are not about to believe some white man brings them toys through a chimney.
thats dead.

I also think these holidays are rooted in crass capitalism and consumerism.

We also celebrate catholic Christmas and Orthdox Christmas in my house. One has nothing to do with santa or toys and stuff.

No. NOPE. NAHHHHHH
They are not about to believe some white man brings them toys through a chimney.
thats dead.

I also think these holidays are rooted in crass capitalism and consumerism.
That is why we celebrate both because my Christmas has nothing to do with any of that stuff.

they r but r u gonna skip em?

yes, my kids can forget about it.
they will be well loved all throughout the year and will have more than enough
....they wont even be thinking about a Christmas.

I will visit with family ofc but thats about it.

yes, my kids can forget about it.
they will be well loved all throughout the year and will have more than enough
....they wont even be thinking about a Christmas.

I will visit with family ofc but thats about it.
isnt visiting family on that holiday not skipping it tho?

isnt visiting family on that holiday not skipping it tho?

sooooooooo being around family members means I'm participating in the holiday?
how? Im not giving gifts, I dont ask for gifts, They know I don't wish to receive anything.
I just want to eat good food and hang with those I love the most.
some of my family I haven't seen in years....

i forgot im on the internet where everyone is hard on kids

i'll see myself out

I let my son believe for the sake of his innocence. I won't let him believe for much longer. This past Christmas, he said Santa writes like his Nana. I think he's catching on because he also found the wrapping paper.

I let my son believe for the sake of his innocence. I won't let him believe for much longer. This past Christmas, he said Santa writes like his Nana. I think he's catching on because he also found the wrapping paper.

I understand Kandy but what is the point of teaching him about Santa only to reveal to him hes not real in the end?
is that not a waste of time? and doesnt that play on your sons intelligence?

like I always say: kids are full human beings and they are very aware.
why lie to them because at the end of the day its a lie ----- just to tell them the truth later on?

sooooooooo being around family members means I'm participating in the holiday?
how? Im not giving gifts, I dont ask for gifts, They know I don't wish to receive anything.
I just want to eat good food and hang with those I love the most.
some of my family I haven't seen in years....
no, I mean if u r going to family on that particular date when u cld've had a get together any other time then yes u r.

if u r using that marking on the calendar as a family reunion when it cld be any other weekend (or public holiday or common day off), then u r in effect participating in the holiday. just not with consumerism.

I understand Kandy but what is the point of teaching him about Santa only to reveal to him hes not real in the end?
is that not a waste of time? and doesnt that play on your sons intelligence?

like I always say: kids are full human beings and they are very aware.
why lie to them because at the end of the day its a lie, just to tell them the truth later on?

I didn't teach him about Santa. Santa didn't exist til he was three and my mama said something about Santa. I rolled with it. I don't see any time wasted. I'm not out here letting him take pics on Santa's lap. I believed in Santa when I was a kid and when I was told he wasn't real, I was like "oh ok, see you next year for Christmas." He's a child.

There are worse lies than Santa, in my opinion.

Back