Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is removing the door from a child’s room an acceptable punishment?

Depending on the offense, I probably would have but my room downstairs and my son room is upstairs. I’d be wasting my time.

I'm West Indian. Slammed the door once when I was a teen and Ma took the door clean off the hinges. She put it outside where the weather destroyed it. After a while, earned the privilege of a curtain. Almost a year later, earned the privilege and money to replace the door. Painted it and put it back up myself. Still don't slam doors to this day, be it car doors or my own house. Lesson learned.

Teen years been there done that slammed the door one to many times when my mom was talking ....learned my lesson when kids start smelling them selves you got to show them who the boss and who pays the bills !!! Privacy? What Privacy

If that works for your household then I guess I cant argue it...but I dont get what that punishment is supposed to accomplish. I believe kids should be guaranteed a level of privacy tho so im not the intended audience here.

If that works for your household then I guess I cant argue it...but I dont get what that punishment is supposed to accomplish. I believe kids should be guaranteed a level of privacy tho so im not the intended audience here.
In some cultures multiple generations live in one home or the family house is smaller and doesn't have enough rooms for each occupant to have their own. Growing up, I knew kids who lived in studio or single bedroom apartments with their parent(s) because that is all they could afford. I always considered privacy a luxury.

No this is unacceptable and a privacy violation smh She needs to find something better to do

No this is unacceptable and a privacy violation smh She needs to find something better to do
This would probably be a good thread topic on its own but at what age does the “right to privacy” kick in?

Back