Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is removing the door from a child’s room an acceptable punishment?

Teen years are the sreasfull years for a lot of parents. I dont really see a problem. I have seen parents do far worse. At least she didnt try to cut her hair or have her do some embarrassing shit. Only thing to consider is will this make the child more rebellious?

I got my door taken as a teen cuz I kept breaking it down l/putting holes thru it when I’d get mad…got to tha point my parents was like fuck it…you don’t get a door anymore

I learned to stop paying punchin’ my doors…reverted to punching walls that I could put posters over tho lol

I’m not gonna speak for everyone because everyone is different. I personally believe that so much of parenting is about the 2 yard gain and not the 40 yard bomb. It’s about the little moments that set up the drive and not the score. It’s about being mindful of the small things and picking up on things that they say to you and others and understanding how they think and where their rationale is coming from.

In that, you can effectively communicate to them that you love them, you care about them, and that you have a wealth of experiences to draw from that guiding you to do what you are doing. Making sure that they know that you are aware that some of what you may say or do will upset them and seem like you don’t get them or understand.

Making sure that they know that some things are universal to everyone and that you too were a child. You are aware of how things can affect them that they aren’t keenly aware of. When things happen that prove you point, making sure it’s not an I told you so. But a clarification that, this is what I believed would happen. Even though it’s not a 100 percent chance type thing. Because I experienced it, I know it can happen to you to. So this is a part of the reason I choose to do things you don’t understand.

Then seeking understanding that they get you and telling them that you love them for all time. I feel like when you work on being a good parent and your children understand your parenting comes from love care and concern.

It’s less likely to get to the point of the Hail Mary of taking the door off the hinges.

I’m not gonna speak for everyone because everyone is different. I personally believe that so much of parenting is about the 2 yard gain and not the 40 yard bomb. It’s about the little moments that set up the drive and not the score. It’s about being mindful of the small things and picking up on things that they say to you and others and understanding how they think and where their rationale is coming from.

In that, you can effectively communicate to them that you love them, you care about them, and that you have a wealth of experiences to draw from that guiding you to do what you are doing. Making sure that they know that you are aware that some of what you may say or do will upset them and seem like you don’t get them or understand.

Making sure that they know that some things are universal to everyone and that you too were a child. You are aware of how things can affect them that they aren’t keenly aware of. When things happen that prove you point, making sure it’s not an I told you so. But a clarification that, this is what I believed would happen. Even though it’s not a 100 percent chance type thing. Because I experienced it, I know it can happen to you to. So this is a part of the reason I choose to do things you don’t understand.

Then seeking understanding that they get you and telling them that you love them for all time. I feel like when you work on being a good parent and your children understand your parenting comes from love care and concern.

It’s less likely to get to the point of the Hail Mary of taking the door off the hinges.
Cosign this like a mfa!

Back