Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

Nigga there is a huge difference in Killmonger killing his girl vs Okoye coming at her man. Killmonger shot his girl literally for no reason other than he didn't need her anymore. Okoye's man was trying to kill her and her whole squad.
anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif

And why are so many people saying he didn't have a plan after disposing of oppressive regimes?

He wanted a Wakandan empire, meaning taking whatever worked for the government of Wakanda and apply it on a global scale, just governed by Wakanda specifically. Did you want a scene of him explaining how empires work? I felt it was pretty self explanatory.

I haven't seen many saying he didn't have a plan just that it wasn't well thought out for the long term

Reactions: GNS
Nigga there is a huge difference in Killmonger killing his girl vs Okoye coming at her man. Killmonger shot his girl literally for no reason other than he didn't need her anymore. Okoye's man was trying to kill her and her whole squad.
You and HellCzar keep using different variations of the phrase “he killed her for no reason” had his girl been an innocent in all of this then you’d have a point. She was in on a lot of their fuckery. He killed her because she was a liability and Okoye would kill W’kabi for those same reasons.

You and HellCzar keep using different variations of the phrase “he killed her for no reason” had his girl been an innocent in all of this then you’d have a point. She was in on a lot of their fuckery. He killed her because she was a liability and Okoye would kill W’kabi for those same reasons.

She wasnt a threat to him tho. If you see those actions as close to the same nothing else I can say.

I'd also argue that despite Wakanda having a king, it felt way more like a matriarchy than a patriarchy. Like a lion pride -- yeah, there's a king, but we all know that the lioness are the ones that put in the work.

Black women were the most integral and abundant gender/race in the entire film. Could it stand to reason that Killmonger fucked them up simply by way of proxy? Since there were more of them that played an important role in Wakanda's society?

Outside of Jordan, ain't nobody talkin bout any other man's performance in that movie like that. Boseman did an awesome job as T'Challa, but the stars were Lupita, Letitia and Danai.

Daniel Kaluya was talking about how he loved his role when W'kabi was shown submitting to Okoye. He said it felt good to show a strong, dark skinned man submitting to strong, black woman after making such a big mistake.

It just feels disingenuous that Coogler, and his team, would go through all this trouble to build up black women like they did, only for them to be interpreted as tools for us to use how we see fit and then disregarded at a moment's notice.

It just don't add up.

You keep mentioning his treatment of black women.

Does the fact that he killed multiple white men, a white woman, and black men and literally stated that he'd kill anyone that stood in his way not affect your opinion?

My point in asking is that pointing out his violence against black women as if it was anymore severe than anyone else seems disingenuous unless you're suggesting that black women have a more valid claim to life than anyone else...

He killed and harmed Black women.

end of story

idc about dawhites

He killed and harmed Black women.

end of story

idc about dawhites

C'mon, Race. I need you to do better than that.

Don't forget that Killmonger's girl poisoned the WW in the museum. That made her a combatant. That made her fair game in war. The woman that had her throat slit was Dora Milaje. She was a warrior. Her job was to fight and die for the king of Wakanda.

You can't render black women free from violence during war, if they're combatants, and then attach a deeper meaning to the violence when it happened simply within the context of the movie.

You know that's disingenuous.

Don't forget that Killmonger's girl poisoned the WW in the museum. That made her a combatant. That made her fair game in war. The woman that had her throat slit was Dora Milaje. She was a warrior. Her job was to fight and die for the king of Wakanda.

You can't render black women free from violence during war, if they're combatants, and then attach a deeper meaning to the violence when it happened simply within the context of the movie.

Killmonger was foul for putting hands on the older lady. That’s it.

Killmonger is every hoteps wet dream

he didn't want to free black ppl, he wanted to create HIS empire, submit black ppl to HIS way & orders. It wasn't by chance that he killed 2 black women, one of them a dora milaje, his guard, & started a war between black ppl

yeah he sounds like a real winner to me

Killmonger proves the theory that people can be swayed by nationalism whenever the power is on their side, because all he is at best is an ethno-nationalist with imperialist tendencies.

I just think yall identify with him because of BAs own displacement and disenfranchisement

other than that, theres not much to be desired from killmonger

Back