Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

anyways

like I said Killmonger was a hotep who wanted to replace white supremacy with black supremacy
and he deserved to die.

moving right along

Killmonger reminds me of the hotep brothers that approach me on the bus in philly because I am a sister w locs. they love trying to convince me that Islam is the way to go, Robert Mugabe is a true pan Africanist & how his methods should be mirrored, the black race is superior to all others blah blah blah

lmaoooooo excuse me?

Brown paper bag?

Im sorry I busted out laughing at this

I need reciepts

I think people wanting to be light skin has a lot to do with mass media.

I know one thing my chocolate ass loves the skin I’m in. I want to have black ass babies with negro noses and nappy hair.

Yall can have these racially ambiguous, light skin folks

No offense but Im good.

If you can't see how that shit is ignorant, then I don't know what to tell you. You went out of your way to let us know that you place more value on dark skin than light. Reverse brown paper bag theory.

Black is everything under the sun, (word to Black Lightning) and to dismiss a portion of it due to other people's ignorance is exactly the opposite of what you should be doing.

We all have our preferences, which is cool. I didn't end up with mine, however, (brown skin/dark skin) but I knew better than to disregard someone based on something as arbitrary as complexion. Do better.

And fwiw, people only say "No offense" when they're in the midst of saying something offensive.

Reactions: GNS
If you can't see how that shit is ignorant, then I don't know what to tell you. You went out of your way to let us know that you place more value on dark skin than light. Reverse brown paper bag theory.

Black is everything under the sun, (word to Black Lightning) and to dismiss a portion of it due to other people's ignorance is exactly the opposite of what you should be doing.

We all have our preferences, which is cool. I didn't end up with mine, however, (brown skin/dark skin) but I knew better than to disregard someone based on something as arbitrary as complexion. Do better.

Reverse paper bag theory? Excuse me?

is that the equivalent of reverse racism?

Im laughing so loud right now
but ok let me be serious

this was actually me inserting power and agency over myself because I have been affected by colorism all my life

this was me reclaiming power back from a dominating power structure (ie colorism)

no different from when we use to scream: Black is beautiful during the civil rights movement to undermine all the negative ideas on Blackness and Black bodies.

Ill admit yall can have these “light skin/racially ambiguous folxs” was crass but based on historical contexts surronding colorism its not hard to understand why I said it.

Reverse paper bag theory? Excuse me?

is that the equivalent of reverse racism?

Im laughing so loud right now
but ok let me be serious

this was actually me inserting power and agency over myself because I have been affected by colorism all my life

this was me reclaiming power back from a dominating power structure (ie colorism)

no different from when we use to scream: Black is beautiful during the civil rights movement to undermine all the negative ideas on Blackness and Black bodies.

Ill admit yall can have these “light skin/racially ambiguous folxs” was crass but based on historical contexts surronding colorism its not hard to understand why I said it.

I know you're familiar with The Brown Paper Bag Theory. Don't play dumb, Race. You know that shit was unnecessary.

And I do understand why you said it. Completely. But wording is everything.

I know you're familiar with The Brown Paper Bag Theory. Don't play dumb, Race. You know that shit was unnecessary.

And I do understand why you said it. Completely. But wording is everything.

ok but just know reverse paper bag theory isnt real a ‘ting

listen, I think black women and white sympathizers of black struggle are seen as convenient and disposable allies in the black movement right now and Killmonger's character is the epitome of black male #woke society. They identify with this character in a way that is very scary to me.
You keep mentioning his treatment of black women.

Does the fact that he killed multiple white men, a white woman, and black men and literally stated that he'd kill anyone that stood in his way not affect your opinion?

My point in asking is that pointing out his violence against black women as if it was anymore severe than anyone else seems disingenuous unless you're suggesting that black women have a more valid claim to life than anyone else...

And why are so many people saying he didn't have a plan after disposing of oppressive regimes?

He wanted a Wakandan empire, meaning taking whatever worked for the government of Wakanda and apply it on a global scale, just governed by Wakanda specifically. Did you want a scene of him explaining how empires work? I felt it was pretty self explanatory.

Back