Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Is Living In NY Worth It?

test
I remember I was fake messing w this chick for NYC who was a principal or asst principal and she had a roommate

Shit never sat right w me

I think it’s definitely an argument based on NY’s diminishing returns.

New York in 2024 is at it‘s most expensive, most racist, most neutered that it’s ever been. Everyone’s overworked and fearful of police, migrants or property tax. There are too many cars, infrastructure crumbling (flooding of entire streets is now an actual thing lol) an ever weakening city council that yields to developers.

Yet is still miles ahead of The runner-up. When your foots really begin touching sidewalks OT, you come to find that outside of NY, Houston and LA, cities really suck dick. Bad weed, bad food, stores close early, clubs close early, it b 2 bad bitches on the whole avenue, niggas is poor as shit and get treated different, aint shit going on anywhere Tuesday night.

Plus being a native Black New Yorker I feel like I would get killed in a lot of places around this country being an uppity ass nigguh. mfs a have me halfway up an oak tree…When you from Brooklyn/Queens there’s a kind of living within entirely black regiona that most big cities except Chicago can’t really relate to.

Also Mook is a manchild, he would have cup noodle surroundings in Billings Montana same way.

Lol, I've met plenty of older native Black NYers in ATL, Dallas and Houston. They definitely act like it's the 90s still and NY is still the pinnacle and epicenter of Black popular culture.

They move down south and they end up arrogant, paranoid and frustrated.

Lol, I always tell them take they ass back to NY.

Lol, they act like you just told them to go back to a war zone.

"I can't go back to NYC, it's too cold, too expensive, can't afford rent, too many immigrants..."

Lol.

Wow man what a move. Was it based on preference/lifestyle or work related? I'm always curious when folks make a massive move faaar away from where they stay

Honestly, I needed change…especially after being stuck in the crib for 2 years. I was sick of driving down the same roads, seeing the same people at the same places. Just reached my exhaustion point. I’m gonna move back eventually. I just needed a break from it.

Last edited:
Oh damn you aint lying thats like another 10-20 mins away from me haha. Been through there a couple times. I aint done shit but work since I been here. Just got a car a couple weeks ago finally. Hopefully gonna do some exploring soon.

Lots of places to explore. I’ve been here since June 2021 and I feel like I’m just scratching the surface…

It’s a LOT going on and the state is fuckin huge

Honestly, I needed change…especially after being stuck in the crib for 2 years. I was sick of driving down the same roads, seeing the same people at the same places. Just reached my exhaustion point. I’m gonna move back eventually. I just needed a break from it.
Do you prefer Seattle or DMV? What's the pros and cons?

Do you prefer Seattle or DMV? What's the pros and cons?

Let’s be clear, Virginia Beach is in the 757. We are in no way affiliated with anything DMV-related.

Now that that’s out of the way, the 757 lacks in a lot of ways; no professional sports teams, public transportation is ass, laws are backwards and racist. It’s a lot. But in contrast, the 757 atleast has black folk and “the culture”. The food is way better in VA and it goes without saying that the weather is too. There’s way more shit I could list but yeah. Crime in WA is kinda crazy. The sheer variety of fuck shit out here is wild.

It'll be a good place to visit but not live. I love it down here in the south. I need my elbow room

Let’s be clear, Virginia Beach is in the 757. We are in no way affiliated with anything DMV-related.

Now that that’s out of the way, the 757 lacks in a lot of ways; no professional sports teams, public transportation is ass, laws are backwards and racist. It’s a lot. But in contrast, the 757 atleast has black folk and “the culture”. The food is way better in VA and it goes without saying that the weather is too. There’s way more shit I could list but yeah. Crime in WA is kinda crazy. The sheer variety of fuck shit out here is wild.
My bad bro what kinda crazy crime you heard in WA? I'm assuming it's based upon meth habits.

Back