Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Is Living In NY Worth It?

test

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
With the recent video released of battle rapper Murda Mook being arrested in his house, a lot of jokes were made about the condition of his home.

Arguments were made in defense of Mook with people bringing up how expensive it costs to live in NY.

Is living in a 400 sq ft apt worth it just to say you live in NY?

(Timestamped)

People who pay for rent here in San Diego worry me. I can imagine is even worse in NYC.

I think it’s definitely an argument based on NY’s diminishing returns.

New York in 2024 is at it‘s most expensive, most racist, most neutered that it’s ever been. Everyone’s overworked and fearful of police, migrants or property tax. There are too many cars, infrastructure crumbling (flooding of entire streets is now an actual thing lol) an ever weakening city council that yields to developers.

Yet is still miles ahead of The runner-up. When your foots really begin touching sidewalks OT, you come to find that outside of NY, Houston and LA, cities really suck dick. Bad weed, bad food, stores close early, clubs close early, it b 2 bad bitches on the whole avenue, niggas is poor as shit and get treated different, aint shit going on anywhere Tuesday night.

Plus being a native Black New Yorker I feel like I would get killed in a lot of places around this country being an uppity ass nigguh. mfs a have me halfway up an oak tree…When you from Brooklyn/Queens there’s a kind of living within entirely black regiona that most big cities except Chicago can’t really relate to.

Also Mook is a manchild, he would have cup noodle surroundings in Billings Montana same way.

No. More people need to leave cause this traffic is ridiculous

I dont think I'd ever want to live in a BIG city. At least not the heart of it. Right now I live in edmonds, a suburb of Seattle. It's small enough that it's quiet and a bit low key, but if I want to attend something exciting or an event I can either drive 15mins to go see it or just take the light rail to downtown and lyft wherever or even keep taking the light rail wherever I need.

Living in edmonds isn't really even all that much cheaper than living in Seattle though. Lots of developing towns coming up too, but the big city life i can enjoy for like a couple days then I gotta get out of there

I truly don't understand why people live in NY. Shit makes no sense to me. Visiting there I just couldn't comprehend why people would subject themselves to those living conditions.
If you think that then why have that reaction to what I said? Lol

I dont think I'd ever want to live in a BIG city. At least not the heart of it. Right now I live in edmonds, a suburb of Seattle. It's small enough that it's quiet and a bit low key, but if I want to attend something exciting or an event I can either drive 15mins to go see it or just take the light rail to downtown and lyft wherever or even keep taking the light rail wherever I need.

Living in edmonds isn't really even all that much cheaper than living in Seattle though. Lots of developing towns coming up too, but the big city life i can enjoy for like a couple days then I gotta get out of there

What up neighbor!

You right around the corner

I have my own 2 family brownstone so I can't relate.
I only have problems with traffic.
Moving 2 the South never crossed my mind.
I did have a house in Norfolk Virginia but I sold it and moved back to the Stuy. Lived in Virginia for 5 years when I was in the military.
I go to Miami & Orlando twice a year just to relax and fix things at Condo apartments my family own.

If you think that then why have that reaction to what I said? Lol
Because NY is not like everywhere. It's super unique where people are legit stacked on top each other and subject themselves to sleep with roaches for 1200 rent. And their excuse to not move is usually bogus.

Back