Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Is Living In NY Worth It?

test
You’d be surprised. Apparently the reason why people are willing to pay so much to live in a world city like NYC is because it turns out it really IS that much better and worth it. Square footage isn’t everything. What is lost in square footage of the units in a city like that is likely made up for by literally everything else.
I feel like you'd need to give up a lot of personal belongings unless you're willing to pay the premium for the space

I feel like you'd need to give up a lot of personal belongings unless you're willing to pay the premium for the space
I’m sure that would be the case depending on what you have. Depending on what you give up it can probably be a liberating thing though. I reached a point I hate the idea accumulating so much material possessions. I find it slightly depressing, as we can’t hold on to it forever anyway. So I learn to live with less besides the “necessary” things. For everything else use a storage unit. Another thing, I think it’s completely fine to move to a major metro like that for short term stay. It’s doesn’t have to be permanent. If just for a few years that’s alright. They’re kind of designed like that, everything just keeps going up so only a few can sustain that for a lifetime. Paris, Tokyo, London, NYC, whatever famous city I would do it for a couple years each if the opportunity presented itself.

I can understand why some like living in NYC. The convenience there is amazing! You don’t even need to own a car in that city and it’s always tons of events and things to do there.

One of the things I miss the most about Japan is riding the train and exploring places. Living in Texas now is fun for certain stuff, but having to always drive unless you live smack dab in the heart of a major city can get old. Austin was fun, but one of my major gripes was the public transportation and the same with San Antonio.

I definitely think the older most folks get the more they want to relax and slow down, so I can understand some older folks not wanting to deal with a place like NYC. Not to mention a lot of people who grew up a certain way only know and want to be that way. I’ve had the privilege of living and visiting a lot of spots in my lifetime and I try my best to see the good and most of the places I’ve been.

Besides Charleston, South Carolina. Lmao

I can understand why some like living in NYC. The convenience there is amazing! You don’t even need to own a car in that city and it’s always tons of events and things to do there.

One of the things I miss the most about Japan is riding the train and exploring places. Living in Texas now is fun for certain stuff, but having to always drive unless you live smack dab in the heart of a major city can get old. Austin was fun, but one of my major gripes was the public transportation and the same with San Antonio.

I definitely think the older most folks get the more they want to relax and slow down, so I can understand some older folks not wanting to deal with a place like NYC. Not to mention a lot of people who grew up a certain way only know and want to be that way. I’ve had the privilege of living and visiting a lot of spots in my lifetime and I try my best to see the good and most of the places I’ve been.

Besides Charleston, South Carolina. Lmao

Maybe it's because I've lived here my whole life, but I don't get why the no car/walking thing is seen as more convenient by people. I hop in my car, get the temperature, music, and company I want and pretty quickly get where I'm going. I'm at work 15 minutes after I walk out my front door. Got like 3 Wal-Marts, a Target, and a Kroger within 10ish minutes.

It's raining? Car is right out front and has a roof. It's freezing? Car is right out front and has heat. I need a lot of shit from the grocery story? Car has a back seat and trunk.

Cash Jordan has been dropping videos about the problems of the New York city housing market for years now

Back