Is lauryn hill a legend

• yes

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • no

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • debatable

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
You really going to argue that Biggie and Lauryn had the same impact on the game? Come on now. Mutha fuckas still making documentaries about Biggie and putting his name in their rhymes. Lauryn is barely an afterthought. She had legendary talent for sure, but other than being the first rapper to win a Grammy (with an album that wasn't even 50% rap), she hasn't done that much.

If this was football, she'd be like Sterling Sharp. Everybody acknowledges he is a HoF worthy talent, but shit outside of his talent is ultimately going to keep him out.

And LMAO @ "Lauryn is barely an afterthought".

I promise you that if she said she was working on a new solo or Fugees record. It'll be treanding on Twitter, all the black radio stations/podcast would be talking bout.

Cut this out b.

She is. For as much as I argue the fact that less talented MCs contributed way more to the culture than her (good and bad)... her short moment in the limelight is legendary.

And LMAO @ "Lauryn is barely an afterthought".

I promise you that if she said she was working on a new solo or Fugees record. It'll be treanding on Twitter, all the black radio stations/podcast would be talking bout.

Cut this out b.

Come on son. With the kinda bullshit that trends on Twitter day to day, that ain't saying anything.

I never said she didn't have an impact or didn't have fans. I've already said multiple times that I'm a fan. But having fans or being enough to get a hashtag on Twitter doesn't make you a legend.

Like I said, ya'll just setting the bar for legend status very low. She had the talent, but she didn't even last a decade in the game. SInce when is that legendary, and if that's legendary then what do you call people that been consistently making good music for 20-30 years? Cause that's gotta be something else.

Reactions: 5 Grand
She's talented but she also tried to claim she wrote all the music on miseducation and didn't credit the actual artists that helped write it. Then the label had use what they could for a second album

Reactions: Shakka64
Honestly how can she be considered the greatest female rapper/lyricist of all-time when she's never even put out a rap album? How is that conclusion reached?

When she rapped she rapped better than everyone else. Content, flow, song structure...better than the rest

Like I tell people all the time, these are two albums that NOBODY can front on. Period.

I wouldn't front on Miseducation, but I don't really care for it. I'm not saying it isn't a good album, but I would have preferred a better balance of rapping and singing. I feel similarly about Cee Lo. I have his first two albums, but after that he drifted too far away from rapping for my tastes.