• no

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • debatable

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
If The Notorious B.I.G. is a legend with a smaller catalog

then

So is Lauryn Hill

The Score is a classic album and so is (certified diamond selling) Miseducation of Lauryn Hill to many people, including myself. Blunted on Reality was a solid debut and MTV Unplugged No. 2.0 was solid also.

You really going to argue that Biggie and Lauryn had the same impact on the game? Come on now. Mutha fuckas still making documentaries about Biggie and putting his name in their rhymes. Lauryn is barely an afterthought. She had legendary talent for sure, but other than being the first rapper to win a Grammy (with an album that wasn't even 50% rap), she hasn't done that much.

If this was football, she'd be like Sterling Sharp. Everybody acknowledges he is a HoF worthy talent, but shit outside of his talent is ultimately going to keep him out.

Reactions: RozayTabernacle
You really going to argue that Biggie and Lauryn had the same impact on the game? Come on now. Mutha fuckas still making documentaries about Biggie and putting his name in their rhymes. Lauryn is barely an afterthought. She had legendary talent for sure, but other than being the first rapper to win a Grammy (with an album that wasn't even 50% rap), she hasn't done that much.

If this was football, she'd be like Sterling Sharp. Everybody acknowledges he is a HoF worthy talent, but shit outside of his talent is ultimately going to keep him out.
1. He didn't compare impact, he compared the amount of albums they have.

2. Biggie has documentaries and films about him right now because he's deceased and people rarely get their flowers while they're alive. If Lauryn Hill were to pass today, the world would elevate her to sainthood.

Do you have any idea what she's done outside of The Miseducation?

Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
1. He didn't compare impact, he compared the amount of albums they have.

2. Biggie has documentaries and films about him right now because he's deceased and people rarely get their flowers while they're alive. If Lauryn Hill were to pass today, the world would elevate her to sainthood.

Do you have any idea what she's done outside of The Miseducation?

1. Yes, but number of albums isn't what makes someone a legend. Impact is.

2. No it wouldn't. She would get a week of reflection about her good days and that's it. Lauryn would never receive the treatment that Biggie and Pac have following their deaths because she was never on that level, at least not as far as rap is concerned. Now if you're talking about crossover success with music, movies, etc..., then maybe you could make an argument, but even then that was short lived.

Bruh, she made Miseducation in 98 and has had some good features here and there over the years. Tell me about all the amazing other shit that I don't know about.

Now name any other artist that is considered a legend, and see the gap in production and impact.

Again, I was a big Lauryn fan, but ya'll are really lowering the bar for what a legend is. She had like 5 years of being real hot more than 20 years ago and hasn't done a whole lot since.

Reactions: Qawshun
She has 2 DIAMOND(10 million albums sold)
albums ,one group,one solo. She's arguably the best female lyricist. Of course she's a Legend !

Honestly The Score and All Eyes On Me both came out in 1996 and The Score initially outsold AEOM. AEOM gained sales after Pac died. But at the time, Fugees were outselling 2Pac.

No. But to sit here and act like she didn't have any impact is BS.

Im gonnna say yea...Legendary talent, to me the best female rapper ever. Miseducation classic, The Score classic, Blunted on Reality was iight...But yea legend

Reactions: Revolver Ocelot