Is lauryn hill a legend

• yes

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • no

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • debatable

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Nah. I was a big fan of Lauryn on the score. I respected Miseducation though I didn't care for it much because I wanted an actual rap album from her. At one time, she seemed destined for legendary status, but she squandered that IMO. Yes, she had some success, but when you think of a legend you think of someone who was relevant for decades. You can't say that about Lauryn.

That is an interesting question. She has 1 solo album and 2 group albums. Catalog is not that deep but her solo was classic. The score is classic. She made an impact when she was making music. Similar to what dmorgan said. If we accept biggie as a legend then she has to be on that list.

Tough question. Hill is the living version of people argument against Biggie being the GOAT rapper.

Wouldn't having made a legendary album make you a legend by default?
I think it is more than having a great/classic album. Your album/music should have made an impact as well, which it did. But I think it is her lack of multiple solo albums that have people questioning her status.

I think it is more than having a great/classic album. Your album/music should have made an impact as well, which it did. But I think it is her lack of multiple solo albums that have people questioning her status.

I feel the same exact way. With that question I asked it just seems weird IMO to do something legendary but the person who did it not be a legend as well.

Just one of those mind fuck type of things for me. I get how person can't be a legend in that sense but I also get how they can.

Which why I'm voting debatable

If The Notorious B.I.G. is a legend with a smaller catalog

then

So is Lauryn Hill

The Score is a classic album and so is (certified diamond selling) Miseducation of Lauryn Hill to many people, including myself. Blunted on Reality was a solid debut and MTV Unplugged No. 2.0 was solid also.

She's a beautiful dark brown skin poet, singer, writer, guitarist, and thespian who made legendary music, movies, and live performances. As a rapper she is widely considered the best in a mostly male rap group and her first solo album is hailed as one of the greatest albums in a male dominated genre. She's won Grammys and was a media darling without ever marketing herself as sexy or scandalous. And at the height of her fame, she chose family and peace over glamor and popularity. She's a mother to Black children and the wife of a black man. Her entire career is based on spirituality, freedom, and love and every black female musician of prominence bows to her graciously.

rs_600x600-161016141329-600.Nicki-Minaj-Lauryn-Hill-TIDAL-X.kg.101616.jpg

To even question the status of this woman is disrespectful to black culture and black people.

Back