Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

So if we divest are we to just wait until they call us again and bring up reparations. Because if we divest and y’all say they bring in migrants to replace us wouldn’t that lessen our voice?

Or should we just do what Asian people do?

Now when you say sit this one out do you mean not voting in the presidential election or not at all????

I haven't voted in a presidential election since the first Obama term because I haven't liked any of the options. If Bernie had won the primary either of those years he ran, I would've voted for him, but I wasn't about to vote for Hillary or Joe.

Now, to keep it 100, I live in MD which is solidly a blue state. Dems were going to win no matter what. If I was in a purple state where I thought my vote actually meant something, I might have bit the bullet to try and keep Trump out of office.

For someone who wrapped themselves in our culture, many of her policies seemed out of touch with it. If anything, they worked against us and were extremely aggressive. But again, this is a woman who agreed that America isn't a racist country, just one with a racist past (gotta get those conservative leanings on board). I guess Public Enemy wasn't on her playlist with Tupac and Cardi B.

I don't like putting too much energy into things I'm not passionate about when it's easily researchable.

Here is her truancy program and its impact on Black communities:

Tough on crime policies during the peak of Black Lives Matter:

Supported the 3-strikes policy for repeat offenders:

“Yes, I was a prosecutor,” she said. “I decided to go into a flawed system to reform it. Yes, I decided to go up the rough side of the mountain, as we say in church.” She said she wasn't able to fix the system, but she referred to some of her first-in-the-nation re-entry programs.

“I created an initiative focused on young adult men arrested for drug sales, to give them jobs and support, and then I dismissed the charges against them.” She said the program was designated as a model for innovation by the Department of Justice under Eric Holder.

“I’m not going to tell anybody, including Black men, that they’re supposed to vote for us. We need to earn that vote,” she said.

BUT...

Indifference to injustice:

"Despite her claims of sympathy toward 'innocent men framed,' Harris seemed to work hard to keep many of them behind bars, or on death row—unacceptable behavior for any prosecutor, in any era. After a man was exonerated by the Innocence Project and had his conviction overturned, Harris challenged his release after 13 years in prison, claiming that the man had not produced evidence of his innocence fast enough. In another case, where a prosecutor had falsified an interview transcript to add an incriminating confession, Harris tried to argue that because the false confession was not obtained by force, it did not violate the defendant’s constitutional rights. The judge disagreed. In another case, a prosecutor lied to a jury, and a panel of federal judges asked why such prosecutors were not being charged with perjury, threatening to release names if Harris’s office continued to defend them. Harris only backed down when video of the hearing was released and embarrassed her office. When a 'bombshell' report revealed a long-running and unconstitutional jailhouse snitch program and prosecutorial coverup, Harris’s office appealed the removal of the Orange County district attorney’s office from a death penalty case." [See: C.J. Ciaramella / Reason]

Victim of the truancy policies: One of many, but I'm getting disinterested. You'd think after discovering her daughter had an actual illness, they'd ease off. But nope, she still had to endure court battles and a bunch of other nonsense while providing for her daughter.
1722103798483.png
1722103957521.png

I can't settle for a lesser evil—my people deserve better. I can't let the mass murderer escape while striking down the pedophile. If neither option is suitable, I'll work in other ways until a suitable option appears. That being said, this is all just my opinion. Vote for whom suits your needs. At the end of the day, this is a give-and-take relationship. If they give you something you agree with, take it.

1722105664276.png

I look forward to a future where Black people don't have to struggle as much as we do, where I can say we aren't just surviving. We've overcome a lot, and we deserve more than pretty words. Don't just talk nice to me—do something.

For someone who wrapped themselves in our culture, many of her policies seemed out of touch with it. If anything, they worked against us and were extremely aggressive. But again, this is a woman who agreed that America isn't a racist country, just one with a racist past (gotta get those conservative leanings on board). I guess Public Enemy wasn't on her playlist with Tupac and Cardi B.

I don't like putting too much energy into things I'm not passionate about when it's easily researchable.

Here is her truancy program and its impact on Black communities:

Tough on crime policies during the peak of Black Lives Matter:

Supported the 3-strikes policy for repeat offenders:

“Yes, I was a prosecutor,” she said. “I decided to go into a flawed system to reform it. Yes, I decided to go up the rough side of the mountain, as we say in church.” She said she wasn't able to fix the system, but she referred to some of her first-in-the-nation re-entry programs.

“I created an initiative focused on young adult men arrested for drug sales, to give them jobs and support, and then I dismissed the charges against them.” She said the program was designated as a model for innovation by the Department of Justice under Eric Holder.

“I’m not going to tell anybody, including Black men, that they’re supposed to vote for us. We need to earn that vote,” she said.

BUT...

Indifference to injustice:

"Despite her claims of sympathy toward 'innocent men framed,' Harris seemed to work hard to keep many of them behind bars, or on death row—unacceptable behavior for any prosecutor, in any era. After a man was exonerated by the Innocence Project and had his conviction overturned, Harris challenged his release after 13 years in prison, claiming that the man had not produced evidence of his innocence fast enough. In another case, where a prosecutor had falsified an interview transcript to add an incriminating confession, Harris tried to argue that because the false confession was not obtained by force, it did not violate the defendant’s constitutional rights. The judge disagreed. In another case, a prosecutor lied to a jury, and a panel of federal judges asked why such prosecutors were not being charged with perjury, threatening to release names if Harris’s office continued to defend them. Harris only backed down when video of the hearing was released and embarrassed her office. When a 'bombshell' report revealed a long-running and unconstitutional jailhouse snitch program and prosecutorial coverup, Harris’s office appealed the removal of the Orange County district attorney’s office from a death penalty case." [See: C.J. Ciaramella / Reason]

Victim of the truancy policies: One of many, but I'm getting disinterested. You'd think after discovering her daughter had an actual illness, they'd ease off. But nope, she still had to endure court battles and a bunch of other nonsense while providing for her daughter.
View attachment 1348790
View attachment 1348791

I can't settle for a lesser evil—my people deserve better. I can't let the mass murderer escape while striking down the pedophile. If neither option is suitable, I'll work in other ways until a suitable option appears. That being said, this is all just my opinion. Vote for whom suits your needs. At the end of the day, this is a give-and-take relationship. If they give you something you agree with, take it.

View attachment 1348811

I look forward to a future where Black people don't have to struggle as much as we do, where I can say we aren't just surviving. We've overcome a lot, and we deserve more than pretty words. Don't just talk nice to me—do something.
Best post in here. 🤝🏾

giphy.webp

If she's elected, there is NO Project 2025 ... because that's a policy program that conservatives around Trump want to implement.

ppl are getting a lil too parasocial about what their vote means or the purpose of it. Voting is in the same vein for me as paying my car registration or jury duty. Not some shit I particularly care about but it comes with the territory of being in society so no point in tryna shirk it. There's no morality to those actions I just do em. No candidate, especially on a national ticket, is gonna be the embodiment of your values and morals. Who gon the job the worst. Vote against that person. A lot of us (not on here I appreciate these discussions, im talkin in general) need to disengage from these ppl bein on pedestals and get into more of what a civil servant is supposed to do and represent.

Lemme amend this....if you vote for trump you're absolutely voting your shitty morals imo lol. But ppl that's voting the opposite, we should not look to these ppl as anything other than employees and treat em as such. Who sucks at their job, fire them. Who understands the job and makes positive progress, keep them.

Last edited:
Fam im not watchin no video. Type your point or keep it moving, respectfully.
Don't be willfully ignorant, it's simple, whether it's Kamala or Donald if any of these parties refuse to give cash reparations to foundational black Americans alone across the board then they don't deserve the black American vote. Also the videos is straight to the point its only 11 minutes long. Stop being lazy you can fast forward to the main points. Smh.

Don't be willfully ignorant, it's simple, whether it's Kamala or Donald if any of these parties refuse to give cash reparations to foundational black Americans alone across the board then they don't deserve the black American vote. Also the videos is straight to the point its only 11 minutes long. Stop being lazy you can fast forward to the main points. Smh.
See how you typed that out and how easy that was? What I need to watch an 11 min video for when you made your point in 1 sentence.

@deadeye come get yo son

Back