Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Jay Electronica The Biggest Disappointment In Hip Hop History?

It’s Juelz dropped 2 dope albums....all the stars were lining up for that nigga in 2005 and since then........

Ehh.. we sure this nigga even had one dope album? From me to U was garbage with the exception of a couple tracks. The second one was better and he flashed a lot of potential.

Ehh.. we sure this nigga even had one dope album? From me to U was garbage with the exception of a couple tracks. The second one was better and he flashed a lot of potential.
Not sure how old u are but summer 2005 the argument in my car and many other cars was Wayne or Juelz and who was gonna take the game over

Not sure how old u are but summer 2005 the argument in my car and many other cars was Wayne or Juelz and who was gonna take the game over

I was a senior in high school & while everyone was fuckin with Juelz no one was taking him that seriously. Wayne surpassed him with Carter 2 easily.

I was a senior in high school & while everyone was fuckin with Juelz no one was taking him that seriously. Wayne surpassed him with Carter 2 easily.
Nah the argument around that time was what was the better album C2 or WTGBM....and then Wayne took off and Juelz lost his mind

Nah the argument around that time was what was the better album C2 or WTGBM....and then Wayne took off and Juelz lost his mind

That’s not even a comparison. Jeezy & Wayne was the arguments we were having around my way. Juelz you could make a case for at that time I guess cuz he did have some hot singles off that album.

Pap never signed with Busta, he was just on the Touch It Remix with him. Which is how I heard of him. He signed with Jive and never dropped his album, but if I remember correctly he got a million for signing and didn't have to give it back. Then he dropped 2 albums, 1 in 2013 and 1 in 2015.

Nope. You're wrong.

Papoose was on every Kay Slay mixtape for a few years. And Kay Slay was dropping a mixtape every couple of weeks under the company name Streetsweepers. If you've ever heard a Kay Slay tape you know he screams "Streetsweepers" over every song. He had new, unreleased material from big name artists like Jay Z, Nas, Cam'ron, Busta, 50 Cent, Jadakiss, etc. on every tape. But there was also Papoose freestyles and Saigon freestyles on every tape.

(There was a series of Kay Slay tapes called The Drama Hour Vol 1-9. It was from the summer of 03 to the fall of 03. There were 9 mixtapes total. He also had a radio show on Hot 97 called The Drama Hour. I've been looking for those tapes for years but when you type Kay Slay Drama Hour into google all you get is Hot 97 radio shows. Anyway, that Drama Hour series is one of my Holy Grails)

So I think it was in 2006, around the time You Can't Stop The Reign 2006 came out featuring Papoose. When Shaq won the championship with the Miami Heat. I was listening to Hot 97 and they announced that Streetsweepers merged with Flipmode. It seemed like a good idea at the time because Busta was still hot and Kay Slay was the hottest mixtape DJ and had a show on Hot 97. Also Papoose was bodying mix tapes so people thought he had next.

I'm not sure what happened but here's what Wikipedia says; Read the bottom paragraph

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 6.59.59 AM.png

She has a classic album out and two with a group...

She dropped Miseducation when she was 22yrs old and aint been right since.

Shes 43 now.

2-a-Bronx-Tale-quotes.gif

Papoose built his buzz off of mixtapes and then his dope verse on the Touch It remix. Then right after he dropped this and I thought he was about to blow up but the song went nowhere.

Jadakiss - can spit but his albums are ass.

Papoose - was crazy hype around him back in smack dvd days now it’s what the fuck is a papoose #bars.

Juelz santana - ego + poor work ethic

Maybe my hopes were too high, but Luda and Fab both missed the mark on their legacies. Great rappers without classic albums. Luda at least has Chicken and Beer which most would probably agree is near classic. Fab never got close imo.
Chicken N Beer and Word of Mouf are classics sir

Back