Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Jay Electronica The Biggest Disappointment In Hip Hop History?

Chamillion had a bit of a disappointing career also, I always felt like he had a lot more to offer Hip-Hop
I wish Chamillionaire still dropped music, but honestly after Ultimate Victory got kinda bland and manufactured, similar to Luda's music over the last couple years. Glad he made money tho, I think Universal ruined his love the music biz.

Last edited:
Maybe my hopes were too high, but Luda and Fab both missed the mark on their legacies. Great rappers without classic albums. Luda at least has Chicken and Beer which most would probably agree is near classic. Fab never got close imo.

Niggaz on the IC was caping for him saying he don't have to release an album at all...

"riight"

I like him as an MC... God Body bars but if he refers to himself as a recording artiste and he ain't releasing new material then he's totally irrelevant

If he was going an unconventional route by regularly releasing music in stead of albums they'd have a leg to stand on but bruh doesn't release shit lol.

I thought tidal would make jayZ give him a boot to the ass but I guess not smh

I have a theory that he found a rhyme book on a dead guy back in the day and finally got to the last page a few years ago.

I remember niggas on the IC had Jay Elec in their top 5 doa

:word?:

LMAO I need names... After about the first two years of not getting an album I gave up on that nigga.

Cassidy should of had a better career than he did. Considering his peers.

Papoose.

Dude was bodying Kay Slay mixtapes for a few years before he signed with Busta circa 2006. He dropped one album.

Then he shows up at the Funkmaster Flex show last year and drops the best freestyle I've ever heard.

Maybe my hopes were too high, but Luda and Fab both missed the mark on their legacies. Great rappers without classic albums. Luda at least has Chicken and Beer which most would probably agree is near classic. Fab never got close imo.
Maaan, luda is a strange one for me. I feel like his first couple albums(his best albums) are a bit too comical to be considered flatout classics, but then his more "serious" albums and songs are just so bland that they're barely even good, nevermind classic.

Papoose.

Dude was bodying Kay Slay mixtapes for a few years before he signed with Busta circa 2006. He dropped one album.

Then he shows up at the Funkmaster Flex show last year and drops the best freestyle I've ever heard.

Pap never signed with Busta, he was just on the Touch It Remix with him. Which is how I heard of him. He signed with Jive and never dropped his album, but if I remember correctly he got a million for signing and didn't have to give it back. Then he dropped 2 albums, 1 in 2013 and 1 in 2015.

Back