Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is J Cole a Legend?

what song(s)of his will your grandchildren hear enjoy and recite?

"legends" and "classics" will always be subject to debate, but there are some very simple criteria points that can be applied for some sort of measurement....and when we take the conversation there, damn near all these "legends" and "classics" wither away

I was thinking along the same lines. Kendrick, Drake and Cole are the top 3 of their generation for the most part.

KRIT number 4

*ducks*

lol
Yeah...I feel where you coming fr....

FOH NIGGA

20210505_172410.gif

what song(s)of his will your grandchildren hear enjoy and recite?

"legends" and "classics" will always be subject to debate, but there are some very simple criteria points that can be applied for some sort of measurement....and when we take the conversation there, damn near all these "legends" and "classics" wither away
No role models
Love yourz
Workout
Middle child
Apparently
GOMD

It's not like he went triple platinum because he doesn't make enjoyable and recitable music. If that's the criteria then it's even more of a slam dunk. Hes got 15 platinum singles, several of which are multi-plat.

Yes.

Personally I like Krits music better than Cole but cmon now... objectively speaking I dont see how you can put KRIT as number 3 to the masses from that generation of rappers
I understand your pov better now

Thank you

i don’t like j cole music, i’ve never listened to a full album of his and enjoyed it
i only like 3 or 4 of his songs

but he is 100% a legend

Yes J Cole is a legend. A legend to most of y'all? Nah, but youngings and what he did in hip hop with his style of music vs what mainstream accepted was legendary. Dude sold out MSG and released a VERY successful album with no features. Has legendary songs that connect with everyday folk who not from the streets or trying to get it. Also has had a unique storytelling/ introspective style of music that stood the test of time.

I consider his stamp in hip hop legendary, dude did it his way and was VERY successful at doing so without comprising or selling out. His "college fanbase" run is legendary alone and he has inspired alot of new rappers coming out like Dante Hitchcock, Reuben Vincent, Bas, Polo G, Saba, Joey Purp, etc.

Dude gave a blueprint on how to build a brand in the social media /blog era for backpack/lyricists.

Back