Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is J Cole a Legend?

It depends on who people consider to be legends.

If Kendrick is a legend then Cole definitely is. If Drake is a legend (he is) then Cole is as well. Those are his peers that he gets compared to the most.

But being a legend is subjective.

I just know there's very few rappers who you can put above J. Cole on any list past or present. That sounds like a legend doesn't it?

Not a big fan and I find his music boring, but I respect his Veteran status, maintained a following, didnt sell out, moved units. Catalog too light for Legend status.

Impact
Longevity
Following
Sales
Staying True

Legend

Exactly.

Let's put it this way. J. Cole is the last of the rappers that actually rap that can move units.

This man is rapping over dusty ass boom bap beats about mundane bullshit and is going platinum. He makes his own beats and raps his own raps.

How is he not a legend at this point.

Is he going have influence, no. He did nothing revolutionary within the genre, but he is the classic backpacker boom bapper rapper.

There’s no substance behind it

idc though you answered and that was enough even though it wasnt

The things I listed is self explanatory. It’s plenty of substance. Cole can perform anywhere and out of no where and shit will sell out instantly.

dropped a surprised album and shit broke records.

The things I listed is self explanatory. It’s plenty of substance. Cole can perform anywhere and out of no where and shit will sell out instantly.

dropped a surprised album and shit broke records.
I can make the same argument thats meek mill checks off those same boxes you put for Cole

which is why that original answer was trash

Why are you constantly bringing that up though?

Nobody said it was a slight
b/c here, a lot of niggas lack nuance and think that if you arent revered as a legend, then your career was meaningless or they think if someone isnt a legend, that you are shitting on them

Back