Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Ignorance Truly Bliss?

Is Ignorance Bliss?

• Total voters
The truth isn't overvalued. There is a reason why oppressive governments do everything they can to oppress it. Truth provides an entirely unique kind of power.

Which leads me to another point.

Why you think fiction so popular?

People prefer a pretty lie to an ugly truth every day.

I mean do we need a better example than the shit I went off about all last month?

The truth isn't overvalued. There is a reason why oppressive governments do everything they can to oppress it. Truth provides an entirely unique kind of power.
The truth is the opposite of power.
If everyone knew the truth, there would be no power.
. The power is in the lie.
You get people to believe the truth, you just a messenger.
You get people to believe a lie. You much much more.

I be saying some dope shit.

I just made this my Facebook status.

The truth is the opposite of power.
If everyone knew the truth, there would be no power.
. The power is in the lie.

That's only when using the truth to wield power over people. Truth is power in many ways. The truth about the universe allowed us to produce technology. Learning the truth about chemistry, biology, and physics has given us vaccines, space travel, and indoor heating.

I like honesty. I’d rather someone hurt me with the truth than comfort me with a lie.

It sucks because not knowing means you’re still in this mindset where everything is great but soon as you find out, all hell breaks loose and all happiness just shatters.

Y'all crazy.

If the world was ending in 30 seconds would you want to know and worry those last 30 seconds, or continue to just be chill....

People really really really overvalue the truth, Especially in situations where the truth absolutely shatters our perceived happiness.

Like I truly get the wanting to know the truth. I too often seek the truth.... But as I'm getting older I see the wisdom in living the lie...

The thing is... The world is fucked up.... And even things in your life that aren't fucked up have the potential to get that way at any moment notice.

Any moment.

Any moment.

And life is short. It could also end in any moment.

Our entire lives all we strive for is happiness or what we THINK brings us happiness. It's tied to every conscious and sometimes unconscious decision we make.

Even when making choices we feel we have to make out of responsibility. We would much rather live in a home than the streets... So while I'm not happy I'm paying this high ass rent.. I am happy having shelter...

Ok, back to my point. Life can end in an moment. Anything that brings you happiness in life can end in an moment.

We may think we always want to know the truth. But we want happiness more than the truth. We want the truth because we believe the truth makes us happy. So we think we want it more...

But just look at us.... How many lies do we hold on to, just because they make us happy??

I ain't going to hm get into all of them... But I'll address Goldie's hypotheticals

I've been with my wife for almost 10 years now. We have two beautiful children. We're happy, we're deeply in love. I leave work tonight and die.

I die fully believing that my marriage is one of the best things going on in my life. I'm 100% good with that.

Say.... Right about..... Now..... My wife starts texting me confessing about an ongoing affair and how she's not happy, she's leaving with new boo. By the time I get home from work they will have been on the road for 4 hours and she's not telling me where she's going.

I still die on my way home..... But I am not fucking happy bruh. Like yea I know the truth.... But I would have much rather died with the lie..... Certain truths just ain't worth the pain....

I mean shit I love my food, and not one picture of animals beingb tutored abused... Not one
documentaryb about diesease from meats... None of that deters me. I like what I like.

They say shrimp are the roaches of the seas... I've said before.. If steamed roaches tasted this good....I wouldn't give a fuck about going in some nasty ass houses and stocking up

Du.. damn it that’s a lot to read

And fuck what you heard, a world with Santa Claus is much better than real life
Its is but it aint real.. the actuality of what is real is potent.. people make careers, livings off of peoples "bliss" one day someone is gonna become pres...

Its also very easy to be good with the lie when its a hypothetical.. and when death is imminent.. because you dont have to live with the consequences of your "bliss" whether one knows it or not that sit dont exist in a vacuum that ignorance effects and changes the course of many things.. the pitfalls you may not know the origin but they are there because.....you chose not to access that information or ignored the writing on the wall

Blissful ignorance allows a person to "let god take the wheel" sort of speak. It relieves the individual of duty and allows one to run away from the challenges of reality.

With that said, the truth does hurt, so I understand people that willfully are ignorant. They be enjoying themselves and of course nobody likes the buzz kill. So they want to stay "sleep" and keep dreaming. Like dude that sold the crew out in the first Matrix.

I'd be lying if I said that my being "woke", street smart, and well read hasn't added weight to certain aspects of my life. It can be annoying, frustrating, disappointing. Ruining or removing things I could otherwise enjoy with a less informed mind. Thing is, in the game of survival that we all are participating in, ignorance will always be a weakness. An exploit that a greater force will always be able use against you.

Last edited:
I'm telling yall.

It's almost a sort of enlightenment....

I'm so tired of the truth, I'm welcoming the lie....

Shower me in a sea of lies & dishonesty....

Is that not what the world already is?

Disappointment after disappointment?
Frustration after frustration?
Betrayal after betrayal?

It's all fucked....

Look at God.

God is a lie.... Jesus isn't real...... So I mean if Jesus is love, does that mean love is not real?

Is love a lie??

That's why I say fuck it...... Lie to me.

i think if a person chooses to be ignorant to something is not bliss ...its just stupid and lazy.

but if someone doesnt know...it could possibly no be safe.

i want to know so i can know how to utilize

And with the whole deception is power thing, a person needs to have knowledge of the truth in that situation in order to supress and hide it

Thread: 2+2=4 and there's no argument against it.

Du:
tenor.gif

of course it depends on what we're ignorant to, but absolutely

think of kids, people with mental disorders, dare devils, etc....they all share the ability to give ZERO fucks about consequences....they dont know any better so its head first with everything....no fear, no inhibitions, nothing

as a person I can say I was much happier the less I knew about the world and news and shit.....those are the birthplaces of stress and worry and guilt

you ever get caught up in some bad shit? ruin a relationship with ONE action? what if that person NEVER found out and that relationship went on into eternity? all the goals and milestones in life reached together, all because of NOT KNOWING about one thing....one

ignorance is bliss and most people know so fucking much now that I dont think the phrase will ever weigh like it should again

People will disagree that ignorance is bliss until their pastor tells them "trust the Lord and lean not into your own understanding" while taking the morning offering to the dealership for a new Rolls Royce.

Reactions: 1/2
Fuck not knowing.

That goes for everything from knowing if your partner is cheating, to whats going on in the world, to understanding the stars and the universe.

I will say though, it took me a while to learn how to deal with knowledge. There was a time in my younger days when I felt like nothing matters after learning how the world works.

I got out of that when I realized that it didnt matter how the world worked, and I had to find a way to get mine and not give a fuck bout the rest. I been getting mine since.

Last edited:
Back