Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Charleston White right about today's youth??

To CW point, kids don't respect anything/anyone they don't idolize so I think this has something to do with it as well

Seems like it all circles back to parenting.

If the kid aint respecting the parents.. how the fuck they still got access to video games, phones n shit?

You disrespectful to the parents all that shit should be taken away

I dont like the broad brush ur painting with but I get it applies to SOME. Im just not sure its a majority
Fam, broad bushes have been used in this entire thread

But I don't want to make that the issue. I was specifically addressing the specific examples you've used and in those situations, more often than not, the parents are trying to he viewed by their kids as cool instead of respected

Charleston been finessin feelings & runnin up a check

dude says str8 up he's a troll

said when he was tryna mentor the youth for over a decade, nobody talked about it

soon as he started talkin shit, went nation wide

mf got a chain sayin "nan nanny boo boo" & mf still take him serious

mqdefault.jpg

:hahaha:

I been playing video games since

220px-Zork_I_box_art.jpg

Never once wanted to kill anybody

(Actually maybe once or twice but for a good reason)

Charleston white is what happens when you give the nigga that lingers around hotels, motels, begging for lighters and cigarettes a podcast

Nigga always got money for alcohol, but never money for cigarettes or lighter but want to tell you about your life and business and what moves you need to make fuck out of here

I think what gets lost in a lot of these discussions are people's inability to not interject their own experiences as a way to support their position

i.e. again, just cause YOU aren't easily impressionable doesn't negate the fact that there are others who are. I can play call of duty for hours and go about my day. There are those who can't.

I'm a parent that doesn't care if my child likes me but there are parents that do

Or I don't see it, so it must not be happening

We can't continue to have discussions thinking in absolutes.

Yes kids today are definitely on their phones/tablets too much. However we also can't deny the positive effects some of these online communities people have developed have. Especially for some kids who have difficulties being social in general. There's legit stories and studies that have documented the positive effects that some have experienced due things like certain online gaming communities. At the end of the day people still value actual human connections and interactions and while technology may alter how it's done at the end of the day that's what most people are reaching out for.

fair enough. I guess my main thing is theres too much talking down on the kids and not enough on the people that are supposed to be responsible for raising them.

The youth I be around are my nieces and nephews, and yeah while they be having their heads buried in their phones alot.. they also are out and about in real life tho.

late 30s. AOL/AIM, yahoo chat rooms, myspace.. all that shit was our generation.

Im sure when all that shit was going down our parents generation was prolly like these damn kids be online too much for my liking just like folks are saying now about these kids.
Looking back those chatrooms were dangerous as hell lol

At what age are you all letting your kids play something like cod?
My son plays and he’s 10

It’s not the games I have a problem. It’s the total replacement that online games have that have taken over real face to face human interactions.

My son is an outside kid so the video game is secondary entertainment for him when I tell him he can’t go outside.

At what age are you all letting your kids play something like cod?
My very first cod was the very first modern warfare.

I had my own apartment and was working full time.

Now prior to MW, cod was exclusively set in WW2 so it was pretty niche at that time.

The ease and accessibility of MW made it to be where you had to play this game everyone was talking about.

I vividly remember being in GameStop YEARS ago around maybe MW2 and a kid comes in there and tries to buy it.

The clerk clearly told her as clear as day, ma'am, I have to notify you this game is not intended for kids.

The boy says please, the mom shrugs and proceeds to buy it.

Again, rather be liked than respected. I witnessed a similar thing with one of the GTA games as well

But to answer your question, at a minimum maybe high school and they still have to show me they have a solid concept and understanding of reality vs non reality for me to feel comfortable

Back