Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Charleston White right about today's youth??

our elders were on that same sky is falling shit with us too.

Rap music, videogames, violent movies, the internet.. everybody wanna point the finger at outside shit rather than saying hey... maybe the parents are the ones dropping the ball here.

We had gangsta music, we had wild ass video games, we had violent ass movies, we were the first generation to grow up with the internet. By his logic we should all be out there shooting shit up with no fucks given
Well I think there's some nuance as well because there were people in our generation who were influenced by music, video games and movies.

Just cause maybe you and I personally weren't doesn't mean others weren't and I'm not sure how often you are around kids/youth these days but what he was saying really resonated with me cause I see the shit happening. Is it taking over the world? Maybe not, but it's happening more and more frequent by today's standards.

our elders were on that same sky is falling shit with us too.

Rap music, videogames, violent movies, the internet.. everybody wanna point the finger at outside shit rather than saying hey... maybe the parents are the ones dropping the ball here.

We had gangsta music, we had wild ass video games, we had violent ass movies, we were the first generation to grow up with the internet. By his logic we should all be out there shooting shit up with no fucks given
How old are you?

Must of us are in mid to late 30s and we did not grow up with the internet

How old are you?

I know the point he was trying to make as it pertains to this discussion and I know the point you're making as well

@Inori

I took him saying that for this generation of kids that grew up on phones.. Video games is the next level

It's not teaching them social skills and it is subjecting them to a level of exposure they wouldn't otherwise get.

His main point imo was how video games today by and large are one giant metaverse.

Kids aren't going outside like they used to and they are losing critical social skills by primarily playing video games all day

To the other part, yes, a child playing cod might be that kids first exposure to guns which can lead to them desiring guns without properly training to use them. He's speaking on how these kids are detached and desensitized because they aren't getting a balance of anything else

About kids not going outside. Kids definitely want to be outside all day. It’s just parents don’t want to take them. Too much predator worry

Well I think there's some nuance as well because there were people in our generation who were influenced by music, video games and movies.

Just cause maybe you and I personally weren't doesn't mean others weren't and I'm not sure how often you are around kids/youth these days but what he was saying really resonated with me cause I see the shit happening. Is it taking over the world? Maybe not, but it's happening more and more frequent by today's standards.

fair enough. I guess my main thing is theres too much talking down on the kids and not enough on the people that are supposed to be responsible for raising them.

The youth I be around are my nieces and nephews, and yeah while they be having their heads buried in their phones alot.. they also are out and about in real life tho.

How old are you?

late 30s. AOL/AIM, yahoo chat rooms, myspace.. all that shit was our generation.

Im sure when all that shit was going down our parents generation was prolly like these damn kids be online too much for my liking just like folks are saying now about these kids.

I agree with him. These kids social skills are garbage!!!

I wouldn’t say video games are the sole blame but it’s a part of it.

As a teacher, when I say let’s work on the computer, you should see how these students get. It’s like giving them a damn drug. I don’t deal with many breakdowns but when I do have to deal with one, 90% of the time it has something to do with me making them get off their computer.

Parents use technology as babysitters and pacifiers. These kids are hooked!

fair enough. I guess my main thing is theres too much talking down on the kids and not enough on the people that are supposed to be responsible for raising them.

The youth I be around are my nieces and nephews, and yeah while they be having their heads buried in their phones alot.. they also are out and about in real life tho.

late 30s. AOL/AIM, yahoo chat rooms, myspace.. all that shit was our generation.

Im sure when all that shit was going down our parents generation was prolly like these damn kids be online too much for my liking just like folks are saying now about these kids.
But we were damn near out of school by that time. These kids are literally born into it. They on tablets and shit at 6 months.

No they don’t. Kids rather be on a game or tiktok or computer than be outside. You should see how we force kids to play at recess.
Facts my nine year old nephew can’t even look up no more his face is down in his tablet

Took him on a fly boat ride he was in his tablet

Took him to a children’s bday party w bounce house and everything he was in his tablet

He s going out of the country tomorrow he is moms brought him by to say bye and guess what he was in his tablet

Shit pissing me off lol

It's parents. It's always parents.

Videogames and music shouldn't be responsible for children's social emotional growth.... active parents should.

People are more and more distracted from being parents and the result is less attention to it in future generations

We had a kinder student lose his mind the other day when we found out he was trying to take the schools iPad home.

They all are detrimental

Regardless of where you rank them

Ok bro. We all agree kids need to go outside. This extra shit about how it makes kids not take human life serious is crazy. Most of the kids shooting up stuff probably ain’t playing COD for 12 hours.

It's parents. It's always parents.

Videogames and music shouldn't be responsible for children's social emotional growth.... active parents should.

People are more and more distracted from being parents and the result is less attention to it in future generations

You think it's cuz the parents are on their phones/tablets/computers just as much if not more than the kids?

Ok bro. We all agree kids need to go outside. This extra shit about how it makes kids not take human life serious is crazy. Most of the kids shooting up stuff probably ain’t playing COD for 12 hours.
I might be that only one that didn't think he was solely blaming video games but setting the scene for the downward spiral a lot of these kids are finding themselves in these days

You think it's cuz the parents are on their phones/tablets/computers just as much if not more than the kids?
To CW point, kids don't respect anything/anyone they don't idolize so I think this has something to do with it as well

Back