Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Charleston White right about today's youth??

Yes. It was a lazy take when they tried to do it with our generation.. its a lazy take for this generation.

I dont feel like games are responsible for transforming a generation of children into a psychopaths that dont value life.

Something else is at play
Interesting

I'm going to offer a different interpretation when I pick up the lil one and get dinner started

Rap music is 100x worse than any video game.

Video games has turned kids and young adults into loners which is terrible for a human. Human interaction is needed to be a sane person

Hmmm

I’d say that video games have made kids and young adults more social…atleast with regards to getting new “friends”. Online gaming communities are uniting people more than ever..

Hmmm

I’d say that video games have made kids and young adults more social…atleast with regards to getting new “friends”. Online gaming communities are uniting people more than ever..
Talking online is not having real face to face interactions is not a good thing.

They are not more social because it’s fake. They are not presenting their true selves but instead an avatar that have to keep up and fucks with them mentally

And honestly I’m real tired of black folks talking about us as a whole and only in a negative light. Every black kid ain’t about to shoot somebody, vast majority ain’t even on that shit.

I mean we had faces of death on the computer that was worse than just rap

And honestly I’m real tired of black folks talking about us as a whole and only in a negative light. Every black kid ain’t about to shoot somebody, vast majority ain’t even on that shit.

I mean we had faces of death on the computer that was worse than just rap
Fam

Did you watch the clip?

I know he known for some crazy shit but this is definitely a don't shoot the messenger situation imo

I agree with most of what he's saying. The tech is responsible for people not taking proper care in the raising of their kids.

I disagree with the take that games do it. But I get exactly what he's saying.

@Inori

I took him saying that for this generation of kids that grew up on phones.. Video games is the next level

It's not teaching them social skills and it is subjecting them to a level of exposure they wouldn't otherwise get.

His main point imo was how video games today by and large are one giant metaverse.

Kids aren't going outside like they used to and they are losing critical social skills by primarily playing video games all day

To the other part, yes, a child playing cod might be that kids first exposure to guns which can lead to them desiring guns without properly training to use them. He's speaking on how these kids are detached and desensitized because they aren't getting a balance of anything else

@Inori

I took him saying that for this generation of kids that grew up on phones.. Video games is the next level

It's not teaching them social skills and it is subjecting them to a level of exposure they wouldn't otherwise get.

His main point imo was how video games today by and large are one giant metaverse.

Kids aren't going outside like they used to and they are losing critical social skills by primarily playing video games all day

To the other part, yes, a child playing cod might be that kids first exposure to guns which can lead to them desiring guns without properly training to use them. He's speaking on how these kids are detached and desensitized because they aren't getting a balance of anything else

our elders were on that same sky is falling shit with us too.

Rap music, videogames, violent movies, the internet.. everybody wanna point the finger at outside shit rather than saying hey... maybe the parents are the ones dropping the ball here.

We had gangsta music, we had wild ass video games, we had violent ass movies, we were the first generation to grow up with the internet. By his logic we should all be out there shooting shit up with no fucks given

Back