Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is 'All Black Lives Matter' A Distraction From The BLM Movement?

PIs it a distraction

• Total voters
Bruh they didn’t separate because they wanted too. They have been pushed out. It’s way more people who think gays are disgusting than those who don’t. You see any gay black person say they aren’t black ever?

But they make sure to say all black lives matter instead of black lives matter.

That’s drawing a line in the sand if you ask me

I'll come from this standpoint.. if a section of BLM splinters off to be ABLM.. doesn't that weaken BOTH causes overall?

Would it not make more sense to try to hash out internal problems INTERNALLY and not in the view of the public for them(folks outside of our communities) to exploit issues and sew division even moreso than they already do?

I'll come from this standpoint.. if a section of BLM splinters off to be ABLM.. doesn't that weaken BOTH causes overall?

Would it not make more sense to try to hash out internal problems INTERNALLY and not in the view of the public for them(folks outside of our communities) to exploit issues and sew division even moreso than they already do?

I don't see the problem in having the conversation publicly if it's about gaining an understanding of their perspective and making them feel included.

But they make sure to say all black lives matter instead of black lives matter.

That’s drawing a line in the sand if you ask me

how if you’re included in the all lol same way y’all say blm includes everybody they can say the same ablm right?

I don't see the problem in having the conversation publicly if it's about gaining an understanding of their perspective and making them feel included.

How about the Billy Porter comments about how the black community are the "white supremacists" of our community?

to his comments.. which I absolutely feel were divisive

You cannot expect our demands of equality to be met with any real legislative policy and change when y'all turn around and inflict the same kind of hate and oppression on us.

Meanwhile the Supreme Court just had a decision the other day with respect to LGBTQ+ civil rights, which is great

The tragic reality here is that black trans, as well as gender non-conforming, women and men are being killed in the United States by cis black men to such a degree that it is nearly the worst emergency for trans women on the planet

In many of these cases of bigotry, prejudice and violent... the perpetrators are caught, charged and punished for their shitty crimes... so to try to conflate that with folks out in the streets protesting about public servants killing us and brutalizing us without facing ANY consequences... its not even in the same conversation... hence why THAT particular argument.... to ME... is a straight up distraction and not apart of the national conversation currently being had.

It's still a conversation that needs to be had.. but to frame it and compare it to the current conversation... seems off to me

How about the Billy Porter comments about how the black community are the "white supremacists" of our community?

to his comments.. which I absolutely feel were divisive

Meanwhile the Supreme Court just had a decision the other day with respect to LGBTQ+ civil rights, which is great

In many of these cases of bigotry, prejudice and violent... the perpetrators are caught, charged and punished for their shitty crimes... so to try to conflate that with folks out in the streets protesting about public servants killing us and brutalizing us without facing ANY consequences... its not even in the same conversation... hence why THAT particular argument.... to ME... is a straight up distraction and not apart of the national conversation currently being had.

It's still a conversation that needs to be had.. but to frame it and compare it to the current conversation... seems off to me

You can point out bad faith actors who are at the forefront of every movement. Doesn't change my position. Not all black gay folks are on the same vibe as Billy. So you find those that really want to be heard and understood and you have the conversation with them. Is Billy some kind of leader of an organization or just a famous gay guy?

We love to say black people aren’t monolithic, and we certainly aren’t. But is it too much for us to be solidified on this one issue of police brutality/murder? Because when I see a nigga getting killed by the cops the first thing I think of is his black skin, not who he’s having sex with.

You can point out bad faith actors who are at the forefront of every movement. Doesn't change my position. Not all black gay folks are on the same vibe as Billy. So you find those that really want to be heard and understood and you have the conversation with them. Is Billy some kind of leader of an organization or just a famous gay guy?

True indeed. I'm not aware if he's a leader... but he does have a huge platform.

That being said... I think we have more than enough bandwidth to have both conversations at the same time honestly... but we prolly just have to be more cognizant about what/how we say things PUBLICLY because it can be used to diminish and sew discord amongst each other

I've never looked at black lives matter as a movement. But more as an ideal.

I'm still not sure what the group blm actually does. Especially with all the money that's been donated to them.

Until I can identify, understand, and say I agree with it I'll keep focused on the ideal and not get caught up.

We love to say black people aren’t monolithic, and we certainly aren’t. But is it too much for us to be solidified on this one issue of police brutality/murder? Because when I see a nigga getting killed by the cops the first thing I think of is his black skin, not who he’s having sex with.

Bruh why do y’all think there is no unification on this issue? All black people agree that’s it’s bad so how are black lbgqt being divisive when they think the same thing?

I think y’all creating this narrative that they want to be divided. They want to be included but if the in group don’t want them then maybe you gotta do your own thing. You would think black people would understand this easily

Back