Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is 'All Black Lives Matter' A Distraction From The BLM Movement?

PIs it a distraction

• Total voters
Bro, that’s not a major end goal. Police reform?!? How long has that bullshit been on the table? And even if there was “reform” how would it even be enforced if the judicial system is just going to give them a slap on the wrist? Again, what is the difference between the BLM movement and the BLM organization???? Just follow the money. You’ll see who’s running their show.

The BLM organization didn't start this current movement and aren't responsible for many of the protests. Again, the movement and organization are not one and the same. If you don't understand that, I can't make you understand.

My only issue with this is if a mfer is telling you that he/she doesnt feel like they are getting equal representation, then why not hear the mfer out and try to understand why they are feeling that way.

Thats like me saying something is offensive and the person telling me its not offensive. Its like bruh you dont get to tell me what is and isnt offensive to me.

This is the same, if a gay person feels the movement isnt representing them for whatever reason, why not listen and learn instead of telling a mfer if they are or arent represented.

Agreed... im not sure how fruitful this conversation will be if there isn't someone that feels like ALL Black Lives Matter is necessary can weigh in.

Otherwise this is just going to turn into an echo chamber

This ain’t a gay issue though. It’s a black issue.

last time I checked gay blacks are black too

And this is another thing.

You the homie but instead of answering for mfers, why not let them answer. They feeling a certain way for a reason, let them express it so discourse can take place.

Agreed... im not sure how fruitful this conversation will be if there isn't someone that feels like ALL Black Lives Matter is necessary can weigh in.

Otherwise this is just going to turn into an echo chamber

Yessir. Im not saying those mfers are right either, and some might be asking for some bullshit to feel included, and you tell them gtfoh.

Just saying to say nah you included to a person who doesnt feel included is ass backwards.

And this is another thing.

You the homie but instead of answering for mfers, why not let them answer. They feeling a certain way for a reason, let them express it so discourse can take place.
i asked him to make a thread.
still waiting

@Hellczar

just @ing you to this thread cuz I see you just made a post in the protest joint on this specific topic and we're trying to have a more pointed conversation on this topic outside of the protest thread

Maybe I’m missing their point, but the way that it’s seemingly presented to me is that the ABLM crowd feels as if a flamboyant black homosexual got gunned down on camera by police, then the black community as a whole would just shrug and proceed to not give a shit like we do for Floyd, Taylor, etc. And I don’t think that’d be the case. Not even remotely.

Last edited:
I think it can be a distraction/divisive if we allow it to be. I think it was @AP21 that suggested in another thread that if we just embraced their movement then the problem is solved. "Yes, all black lives matter, now let's keep pushing".

I made this thread for this discussion so that the other thread can stay on focus.

No I don’t think it’s a distraction at all. All black people face police brutality. The black lbgqt community has been at every march despite the many black people who can’t stand them. And they been part of all the fight all the time. But black Americans are conservative due to religion so they don’t like it brought up.

Also the whole distraction thing is wack. Why must we have one track minds are we children? We can’t discuss police brutality and white oppression and discuss how we treat women and gays in our community who will be at the next march. If y’all truly don’t want it brought up again then address it. Don’t see how that hinders legislation that we want passed or that it somehow hurts black unity.

Maybe I’m missing their point, but the way that it’s seemingly presented to me is that the ABLM crowd feels as if a flamboyantly black homosexual got gunned down on camera by police, then the black community as a whole would just shrug and proceed to not give a shit like we do for Floyd, Taylor, etc. And I don’t think that’d be the case. Not even remotely.

But they have been gunned down by us and we shrugged and kept it moving. I’m not saying black on black crime is excused. But we are a small ethnic group numbers wise wouldn’t it be smarter to get on the same page so we can get it done faster. Are people supposed to wait for you to hear them

But they have been gunned down by us and we shrugged and kept it moving. I’m not saying black on black crime is excused. But we are a small ethnic group numbers wise wouldn’t it be smarter to get on the same page so we can get it done faster. Are people supposed to wait for you to hear them

You really went black on black crime huh

Is a gay black person a black person?

If so, Black lives matter. Not some, not certain ones. Black lives.

To even Insinuate that their ain’t part of black lives says a lot about the ones that feel the need to say All black lives matter

You really went black on black crime huh

You not seeing what I’m seeing anyway. If a group in our group says they ain’t being heard wh is you response to deny what they say is true?

How you gonna tell a black trans person just to get over it. We gotta wait till black people defeat racism to address any other issues?

they are but gay blacks have issues that straight blacks don’t. And maybe they don’t want to hide it

The issue right now is blacks are getting killed by the law and blacks are fighting against the system set up for white folks against blacks.

To even try to make yourself stand out out from your blackness is a slap in the face to black folks.

You not seeing what I’m seeing anyway. If a group in our group says they ain’t being heard wh is you response to deny what they say is true?

How you gonna tell a black trans person just to get over it. We gotta wait till black people defeat racism to address any other issues?

Is they black?

If so they are being heard Not sure why folks can’t understand that.

Is a gay black person a black person?

If so, Black lives matter. Not some, not certain ones. Black lives.

To even Insinuate that their ain’t part of black lives says a lot about the ones that feel the need to say All black lives matter

Bruh they didn’t separate because they wanted too. They have been pushed out. It’s way more people who think gays are disgusting than those who don’t. You see any gay black person say they aren’t black ever?

The issue right now is blacks are getting killed by the law and blacks are fighting against the system set up for white folks against blacks.

To even try to make yourself stand out out from your blackness is a slap in the face to black folks.

Lol we been fighting the same fight since the 30s.
If we treated all our folks with the same respect they wouldn’t even be this ablm thing. But we don’t so here we are. So do y’all want to vent or have discussion so we can win.

Back