Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Is A Universal Basic Income A Good Idea?

Nah you seem to be well off or maybe you were exaggerating.
tremendously.
i just have a few bucks more than your normal everyday person.

i dont even have a job.
i sit home all day watching tv until my kodi overheats.
lol.

this aint about me .......we talking about the thread title

tremendously.
i just have a few bucks more than your normal everyday person.

i dont even have a job.
i sit home all day watching tv until my kodi overheats.
lol.

this aint about me .......we talking about the thread title
Can’t troll me.

Can’t troll me.
yea...i aint good at it....but i wasnt stuntin.....

im not saying i dont need money...what i am getting at in the hypothetical example i used...is that everyone doesnt need it because it could add more to those who need it vs someone getting it and sitting on it.

that would make no sense to me.

its dudes out here making $30mil a year.
why would they need an extra $2k a month?

that does nothing for them.
that could be an extra 5-10 dollars for some other people

You just answered your own question.

It will help because things aren't getting cheaper and more income would potentially help with that.
but then the people will be taxed more to make this a reality.

so those cheaper things may get more expensive.

No lessening the cost would help. UBI is just going to help people be able to pay those ridiculous ass cost when some of that money could go towards savings or other things.

So how isn't UBI a good idea if it has the potential to pay for high costs of education and healthcare and especially if it has the potential to build your savings if you didn't have medical or education expenses?

Last edited:
Won't the poverty line just get moved? No matter what somebody will be at the bottom.

I don't know what will happen but if the idea is to give everyone enough to live above the poverty line then why would it matter in which direction it moves as long as your not in poverty?

They were saying that only big corporations and the more affluent folks will be taxed more.
hmmmm
i cant see it happening. maybe the ultra wealthy
but not big corps.......i cant see them giving money back...all the tax loopholes they have...i cant see it

hmmmm
i cant see it happening. maybe the ultra wealthy
but not big corps.......i cant see them giving money back...all the tax loopholes they have...i cant see it

You can't see it or it's not a good idea?

Do you think society will suffer more if there was a universal basic income for everyone?

Maybe. Apparently the results are good in small countries where it's been tested. I don't know if that translates well to big cities like Toronto.

As long as prices don't increase I don't care. Give everyone a check, just keep gas and food prices where they're at

So how isn't UBI a good idea if it has the potential to pay for high costs of education and healthcare and especially if it has the potential to build your savings if you didn't have medical or education expenses?
It will help some and not all. I highly doubt they are giving enough money to help pay for all of that. If you didn’t have those cost. Yes it will help.

Basically if the money is a set amount for everyone, it won’t help all. If it’s an amount based on each household it may help.

I'd be alot more in favor in universal health care than just being like "you exsist so we should give you money".

Back