Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Is A Universal Basic Income A Good Idea?

They're experimenting with this in a few countries.

Some of the studies are
in the videos I posted in the o/p.

yeah, they're vaguely alluded to. Nothing specific called out really and one of them; a "study by the World Bank" talking about would poor people blow their money if given cash clearly never studied the shit here in the US. One of the biggest reasons Bush got us off of paper food stamps was 'cause niggas would sell 'em for cash to do exactly what that "study" claimed wasn't happening: They would buy liquor, beer, cigarettes, and drugs with the money they got from selling food stamps. And everyone that's in their mid-late 30's has to remember a time on the first or 15th of the month when niggas would hit up the projects 'cause everybody knew who had them stamps for cheap. Shit, that was the come-up back when I was in college fill your fridge with them shits as low as 25 cents on the dollar.

yeah, they're vaguely alluded to. Nothing specific called out really and one of them; a "study by the World Bank" talking about would poor people blow their money if given cash clearly never studied the shit here in the US. One of the biggest reasons Bush got us off of paper food stamps was 'cause niggas would sell 'em for cash to do exactly what that "study" claimed wasn't happening: They would buy liquor, beer, cigarettes, and drugs with the money they got from selling food stamps. And everyone that's in their mid-late 30's has to remember a time on the first or 15th of the month when niggas would hit up the projects 'cause everybody knew who had them stamps for cheap. Shit, that was the come-up back when I was in college fill your fridge with them shits as low as 25 cents on the dollar.

Yeah I remember that. But what I really remember was dope fiends selling their food stamps for cigarettes, liquor and drugs not the vast majority of the population that was on food stamps. I don't think that compares.

And again there's several approaches to this concept. Maybe it's different approaches for different environments, countries, states and cities.

not trying to sound crazy. but at a certain point....its all savings.
it wont be about me trying to live...so it wont help me.
it will be all savings.

Then you get a bigger savings and can continue to build on your generational wealth I guess.

Or you can give it to someone or an organization that could use it. It's your money. You can do what you want with it.

Yeah I remember that. But what I really remember was dope fiends selling their food stamps for cigarettes, liquor and drugs not the vast majority of the population that was on food stamps. I don't think that compares.

And again there's several approaches to this concept. Maybe it's different approaches for different environments, countries, states and cities.

Guess it's all about where you're at. 'Cause I know in Ypsi, there was seemingly no end to the supply of food stamps for sale. 1st of the month if Detroit you could throw a rock and hit niggas sellin theirs. Shit, when I was in high school I'd stop off at the Farmer Jack over on 7 mile and Livernois to grab a few honey buns for cheap and if it was the first of the month I'd get hit up by at least 5-6 people n the parking lot talmbout "got food stamps bruh"

Then you get a bigger savings and can continue to build on your generational wealth I guess.

Or you can give it to someone or an organization that could use it. It's your money. You can do what you want with it.
nah....im done with giving for a while.
i am trynna get on some selfish shit right now.
im a giver so its not easy for me

nah....im done with giving for a while.
i am trynna get on some selfish shit right now.
im a giver so its not easy for me

So you don't want/need any free money but if you get it you're not willing to help others with it?

You gotta remember that the vast majority of the human population isn't in the financial position you're in so while you say it may not help you it will most definitely help the majority if not the vast majority of the human population.

Here you go stunting again my nigga.
thats not stuntin. i said i was a bit above the poverty line.

like frfr

think about it.

lets say someone is making like $11k/mn
their expenses are like $$5k and they got like $6k left over for savings.

why would they need the basic income? its not to survive....at that point its just added savings.

I agree with free education and healthcare but wouldn't a universal basic income help "lessen the costs" of our current healthcare and education?
No lessening the cost would help. UBI is just going to help people be able to pay those ridiculous ass cost when some of that money could go towards savings or other things.

thats not stuntin. i said i was a bit above the poverty line.

like frfr

think about it.

lets say someone is making like $11k/mn
their expenses are like $$5k and they got like $6k left over for savings.

why would they need the basic income? its not to survive....at that point its just added savings.
What’s “a bit?” You be on here talking like you got a lot of ends. Narcissistic?

So you don't want/need any free money but if you get it you're not willing to help others with it?

You gotta remember that the vast majority of the human population isn't in the financial position you're in so while you say it may not help you it will most definitely help the majority if not the vast majority of the human population.
i know where you are going....but i need to be selfish.
i been giving and helping a very long time....so when a nigga say....nah imma chill and blow some money on myself, it should be about anyone else.

i dont think you understand the extent of how things were.
my nigga i just bought a new phone. after like 7-8 yrs.
man i couldnt even get some apps. lol

Back