Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is “because I said so” really a valid reason?

I get the sense that you are an uncle...

Not a parent.

Wait till you have kids... It will make more sense then, since you wont be able to give them back at the end of the day...

I believe its rude for a child to ask why they've been told to do something, I don't see that changin' if I have children

Alot of extremes here. Every wuestion by a kid aint on some disrespectful shit some of it can be curiosity. But many times we aint got time to break shit down. If tell my daughter do it because i said so and im serious she may frown but she will do it most times.

Dont make a kid ungrateful for wanting to know the why of things.

When my mother say this and I don't respect her demand, then it's usually followed with a back hand afterwards.

Growing pains as a kid.

I'm old Skool.

Sayin "Because I said so" was the end all, be all. I didn't like it as a kid...but understood it when I got older. Its said b/c you're not suppose to question your parents when they tell you to do something.

If they tell you to go clean your room...then that's what you go do. You don't ask why, or question their authority. Other times its said b/c it's just some things a child doesn't need to know. Especially concerning grown folk bidness.

Absolutely is. Sometimes its a situation where they wouldn't understand or agree with your reasoning anyway, but also don't know you're right.

I don't argue with nor explain everything I say to kids. Thats a big part of whats wrong with society now. These kids think they grown

If you tell your kid to do some thing, that you are their parent and they are your child is enough of a reason. I don't see any benefit at all in explainin' why you ask them to do stuff, all they're gonna do is try to be slick to get out of it.

Personally I think parents who discuss things like that with their children are doin' them a disservice. Children are children, they aren't little adults

Preach brothas

I dont see why you cant teach them how ask the question after finishing the task...

Seems less toxic and more productive..

Plus everyone gets what they want.

But i reckon yall need to keep some traditions alive.

Bizarre.

You tell your kids to go pick the clothes they left all on their bedroom floor, and they ask you why...you literally gonna sit there and explain the reason why YOU told them to do something?

You tell your kids to go pick the clothes they left all on their bedroom floor, and they ask you why...you literally gonna sit there and explain the reason why YOU told them to do something?

You could just say because we dont put clothes in the floor to get dirty. You want to be the dirty kid at school?

That aint hard. I mean i get your point certain shit a lid just buckin and knows the why already.

My child is allowed to ask me why and when she does, even at 3 years old..I tell her why.

How is that soft. Explaining a simple concept is soft? Yall the type to punch 10 years olds in the chest and wonder why they cry.

It's soft because you would explain your task to make sure they do it when your tellin' them to do it should be enough. It's like you guys don't wanna deal with any potential argument.

Absolutely is. Sometimes its a situation where they wouldn't understand or agree with your reasoning anyway, but also don't know you're right.

I don't argue with nor explain everything I say to kids. Thats a big part of whats wrong with society now. These kids think they grown

I agree that sometimes they might not understand, but why not just say "You won't understand til you're older" instead of "Because I said so"...you get the same point across but the message is totally different.

Back